Northeast

I got ZOB Ohio which is near the Northeast. My geographic picks were NY and OH. I am happy with central Ohio, it is many hours closer to "home" when driving than ZNY would have been.

did anyone get a location in the northeast? PA, NY, NJ, New England?

I wanted NJ and didn't get anything... I don't think I've seen anyone with NJ or PA... but there are quite a few who got ZNY and I saw one who got FRG (don't remember if that was here or stuckmic)

No. Still here. My TOL said Sept 8th. Haven't heard a thing since. It's a good thing we have this forum to keep each other informed. I can't believe how unorganized this process is. I know the HRs are busy, but if they know that OKC is experiencing delays, they should send out a mass e-mail letting all the candidates know what's going on. But, b/c they didn't, they have gotten so many calls and e-mails that now they are just ignoring them. Very frustrating!

Ed-Have you heard if there is a reason (presidential elections? budget freezes? yeti attacks? ect...) for the delay or is it just business as usual?

Ed-Have you heard if there is a reason (presidential elections? budget freezes? yeti attacks? ect...) for the delay or is it just business as usual?

I have heard it could be...lack of employees to process all the applicants, instructors in OKC getting burned out so they went to two classes a day instead of three, the transition of Raytheon taking over training is slowing things down, the mass hiring is causing a back-up in training at the assigned facilities so they are slowing things down to let them catch up.
All that possible causes were unofficial.
I did get a reply to ONE e-mail I sent asking if the rumors about class dates being canceled until after Oct. were true. I got a simple "yes...due to budget freezes. I will contact you soon with a date." That was in Aug. Not sure what the actual excuse is now though. I honestly don't think the election has anything to do with it. It doesn't matter who gets elected, ATCers have a mandatory retirement age and their spots have to be filled.

I got DCA (DC/Virgina)... North East of me anyway..

Linzo, out of curiosity what level facility are you going to in the islands?

STT is a level 5--ooohhh yeah :rawk:

Denver was my first choice-St. Thomas was my second, but secretly I hoped that I'd get STT.

Back