North las vegas.

Yup, VGT sucks. Its like a Walmart Parking lot on a Sunday afternoon. HND is a very nice airport. People care about their airplanes over there and its relatively calm and quiet most days. North Las Vegas is considered the ghetto of Vegas anyway.

Yup, VGT sucks. Its like a Walmart Parking lot on a Sunday afternoon. HND is a very nice airport. People care about their airplanes over there and its relatively calm and quiet most days. North Las Vegas is considered the ghetto of Vegas anyway.
So you're saying I'm lucky the Mooney wasn't up on blocks with the wheels missing when I came back the next day? :D

I did leave the Chrome Spoke 20"s with Phat Whitewalls at home in the hangar :)

So you're saying I'm lucky the Mooney wasn't up on blocks with the wheels missing when I came back the next day? :D

I did leave the Chrome Spoke 20"s with Phat Whitewalls at home in the hangar :)

Yup. And radios missing, and it tagged up. I did my CFI's out of VGT. I couldn't sleep at night because of all the smoke detectors beeping in the apartment complex from having low batteries.

I did my instructor ratings there too at ATP, luckily I had family in Henderson with a nice house to stay at. Getting lunch near VGT was interesting.

I did my instructor ratings there too at ATP, luckily I had family in Henderson with a nice house to stay at. Getting lunch near VGT was interesting.
Getting a cab to the strip was interesting. They told me 30 min. I went to the lobby and a cabby was looking for someone else. Told him "Yep, that's me" after I saw no one responding, wasn't about to hang out for 30 min after a 15 hour flight mostly in crap weather and at night. :)

Second worst place I have ever had to spend any appreciable amount of time in. Every night at the ATP provided housing was filled with domestic disputes, crying, and yelling.

We're doing a splash and go at HND this weekend. Supposedly saves the boss a couple hundred bucks or something like that.

VGT is a craphole.

Las Vegas outlives its welcome after a few days.

If you sit in your hotel room all day in Vegas then it really sucks.

If you go do something then its pretty fun for a few days...

Like @Crockrocket94 said if you are running solo, it blows.

Back