North America’s most turbulent airports: Las Vegas, Denver, and… Portland?

I’m not itching to get back, but it would be a nice change from the standard domestic layovers.
I mean I complain about everything, but I've yet to really find anything that makes me want a Vegas layover. The strip is garbage, everything is way more expensive than anywhere else and generally worse quality, every hotel reeks of weed, and it's just trashy all around.

I mean I complain about everything, but I've yet to really find anything that makes me want a Vegas layover. The strip is garbage, everything is way more expensive than anywhere else and generally worse quality, every hotel reeks of weed, and it's just trashy all around.
I don't mind it in the off-season when people find it cold. Less people, and cheap hotels. It can make an easy getaway.

I love Vegas layovers. Even after being based there for a while at JSX it never got old. Plus I enjoy the challenges of operating in and out of there.

For starters it has an Eataly that's easily accessible, and also has the best Hawaiian food on the mainland IMO. Outside of eating there are so many cool little places to go even if you don't care for the strip or gambling. The National Atomic Testing Museum is very well curated and a must visit for those that enjoyed the movie Oppenheimer. There's also the Pinball Museum for those into retro arcade games. Last time I was there I saw a billboard for a Punk Rock museum which immediately went on my list of activities for next time. Unfortunately I haven't been able to snag a trip there since then, which was almost 6 months ago at this point.

I love Vegas layovers. Even after being based there for a while at JSX it never got old. Plus I enjoy the challenges of operating in and out of there.

For starters it has an Eataly that's easily accessible, and also has the best Hawaiian food on the mainland IMO. Outside of eating there are so many cool little places to go even if you don't care for the strip or gambling. The National Atomic Testing Museum is very well curated and a must visit for those that enjoyed the movie Oppenheimer. There's also the Pinball Museum for those into retro arcade games. Last time I was there I saw a billboard for a Punk Rock museum which immediately went on my list of activities for next time. Unfortunately I haven't been able to snag a trip there since then, which was almost 6 months ago at this point.
I loved landing in Vegas at midnight and ordering Hawaiian food on my way to the pad. I would stuff my face and go to bed.

Eataly is great, but id rather go to the one in BOS that is a very short walk away. Didn't realize there was a Vegas location, but of course there is. Will have to check it out next time.

I think Vegas can be fun off-strip. There are some decently nice parts of town for sure. Though they aren't any more interesting than, say, Tigard or Beaverton or Lake Oswego *since we are talking PDX here*

. Denver just sucks in general.
DEN would suck less if Approach would let you stay on one goddamned arrival/runway combo instead of playing Landing Roulette during the procedure.

It’s the only airport I’ve ever been to where you had to measure your efficiency in words-per-minute on the FMS.

DEN would suck less if Approach would let you stay on one goddamned arrival/runway combo instead of playing Landing Roulette during the procedure.

It’s the only airport I’ve ever been to where you had to measure your efficiency in words-per-minute on the FMS.
Den is a pain (COS for that matter) for having so much wind shear...50 knot headwind to 10 knot tail wind at 100 ft...Ive had WS Go arounds than every other airport combined

Back