NoPolitics: Airplanes you like that no one else does

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
I'm tired of the political threads, and I'm gonna ask the mods to police this one heavy.

What's a make/model of airplane that you like/love that no one else seems to? And why?

I'll go first:

I think the Beech Duke is awesome. There may be better, sexier, tougher airplanes out there, and I don't know anyone who likes them, but there's something about them that draws me in.

Go.

BTW - if it turns out you like an airplane no one else does and you find other people who like it, you're like....I don't know...besties or something.... @jtrain609 or @MidlifeFlyer will draw up some sort of common-law marriage papers for you or something...I don't know...

I'm tired of the political threads, and I'm gonna ask the mods to police this one heavy.

What's a make/model of airplane that you like/love that no one else seems to? And why?

I'll go first:

I think the Beech Duke is awesome. There may be better, sexier, tougher airplanes out there, and I don't know anyone who likes them, but there's something about them that draws me in.

Go.

BTW - if it turns out you like an airplane no one else does and you find other people who like it, you're like....I don't know...besties or something.... @jtrain609 or @MidlifeFlyer will draw up some sort of common-law marriage papers for you or something...I don't know...

I'm not licensed to practice law in this or any jurisdiction. I am, however, licensed to rock.

I'll go first:

Go.

Knowing nothing about the plane, the turbine duke conversion arouses me slightly.

I'll go first:

Go.

Tougher?? Nothing's tougher than a Beech, 'cept a tank, maybe, and that don't fly.

Sexier?? Really?? Duke lines are freaking nubile, blushing, and sexy personified... all engineered into in an airplane!... including its somewhat gangly legs, which is what most detractors focus upon when disparaging the Duke.

That said, like most nascent beings, the trailer-trash Duke, while possessing accidentally excellent lines, is naturally woefully under-powered.

Turbine (Royal) Duke!!! All the Duke delight, with the power of PT-6 awesomeness. Even pattern work is dangerous in a T-Duke. You can overspeed and need to come down before you even get buckled in.

If you want to learn to fly it, I will teach you how to walk the dawg.

Last edited:
Back