Noob Section pls!

Well what happened to all of the stickies we use to have that were made for new members?
they probably got moved around into other sub forums and/or unstuck...newbies needs to learn to search, people need to keep reminding them to do their searches and we really can't be having a bunch of stuck threads.

Now...if you want a HOT topics forum where all the numerous same question, same answer threads go...we can probably do that.

but seriously.. threads like this are pointless without talking to doug via PM. he's the one that ok's any changes made in the forums.

lol.

hey, sweet shuttle btw.. you have one or are you just a fan?

Nope, I don't have one. I am a big fan of Falcon Northwest, although I don't a Falcon computer at the moment. I can not decide if I want to buy the Falcon Mach V, FRAGBOOK or FRAGBOX. Since I can not afford any of them at the moment, I have plenty of time to decide. Whatever i buy, it will be well worth the money spent.

newbies need to learn to search, people need to keep reminding them to do their searches and we really can't be having a bunch of stuck threads.

And this suggestion is coming from the co-counder....Using the search function? What a concept.

Thanks for the post Kristie...(seriously)...

It seems that you are getting tired of repetitive posts....

And this suggestion is coming from the co-counder....Using the search function? What a concept.

I'd rather look at duplicate threads than EVERY THREAD filled with search replies. It makes it even harder to find what you need.

....senior members who may very well some day be the next ATLTRACON or George Dubya...what do you guys think?

I think that if you ever put my name in the same sentence with that Union hating, no-contract controller basher again I'll hunt you down and make you watch some of his speeches...for hours on end.

haha I think I've stumbled across the newest philosophical barrier in human existence! I"ll be emailing my professor!

"Eureka!! He exclaimed!"

I think that if you ever put my name in the same sentence with that Union hating, no-contract controller basher again I'll hunt you down and make you watch some of his speeches...for hours on end.

Can you bring some popcorn?

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)"

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

nothing like stray verbal buckshot to get you motivated about bein amurican.

it's a shame we won't be going to OKC together, we could room up and have bush night every friday. beer, popcorn and bush... lots of bush.

nothing like stray verbal buckshot to get you motivated about bein amurican.

it's a shame we won't be going to OKC together, we could room up and have bush night every friday. beer, popcorn and bush... lots of bush.

:rotfl:

nope, i don't mind repetitive posts actually (i don't see any question as a stupid question either)...but i know other people do and the one thing that needs to be continually on the teaching end is using the search function. asking questions is all well and good but if you didn't at least try a search first, then it makes it harder for everyone to help you.

if you want anything in life, you have to be determined and dedicated...using the search function only aids in that process...if you can't find what you're looking for or need, then you ask. :)

nope, i don't mind repetitive posts actually (i don't see any question as a stupid question either)...but i know other people do and the one thing that needs to be continually on the teaching end is using the search function. asking questions is all well and good but if you didn't at least try a search first, then it makes it harder for everyone to help you.

if you want anything in life, you have to be determined and dedicated...using the search function only aids in that process...if you can't find what you're looking for or need, then you ask. :)

...and as a corollary to this, if you're experienced and are frustrated seeing repeated questions, don't answer with "CHECK THE SEARCH BUTTON NOOB!!!!!" Seems that a lot of people forget that they were asking the same questions a few months back as well. If that kind of thing frustrates you, just move on to the next thread.

By the way, to get back to the original question -- this IS the new member section. The section title says it all. I'm not sure how much earlier than "Application Process" you could go.

Back