Non-Degree Program?

TNpilot

Okay, I have a quick question for anyone who might know...

I am planning a move to the Nashville area sometime in January, and want to continue my flight training (I currently have a PPL) up to CFI/II. I am interested in MTSU, but really don't want to enter a 4-year degree program, as I just graduated from UT in May.

Does MTSU have any non-degree programs for flight training, continuing education, that sort of thing?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

What? Sick of Knoxvegas???
wink.gif

I know they have aerospace graduate programs but I dont know if any flight training could be involved in that.

Man, I couldn't suggest MTSU for anything other than a practice Nuclear missle attack....I'm graduating this summer, and I don'[t know how they got the reputation they have.....

Go to Riddle....
or West Mich...
Or NSULA....
or ASU.....
or OSU....
or some small Russian community college in Siberia.....
or just don't get a degree...it would be better than MTSU....

Sorry, I digress......

MTSU has no non-college flight training.

You will not be able to fly at MTSU unless you are enrolled in school there. Even then, there is a chance you wouldnt be able to fly. There is always a waiting list of people who didnt get a "lab".
MTSU currently lacks good bridge programs and only has a few itnernships that arent associated with a major (meaning a major internship wont help ya much in the shortterm). However I do know of many who have been hired by jetregionals weeks after graduation. (What more can you ask for??).
grin.gif
If you attend MTSU, your sucess at getting a job will be largly determined by luck and alot of hard work on your own, b.c of the problems i listed above.

Thanks for the info....it was pretty much what I was thinking. I've gotten a little bit of info on Nashville-based FBOs, and will most likely go that route while trying to make a living. (BTW-Any inside scoop would be cool)

And yes, while Knoxpatch will always hold a special place in my heart, I think it's time to move up from a 'third tier' city to a 'second tier.'

Besides, I don't really have any first cousins who are of marryin' age, so there's no use planting roots in East Tennessee...
ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And yes, while Knoxpatch will always hold a special place in my heart, I think it's time to move up from a 'third tier' city to a 'second tier.'

Besides, I don't really have any first cousins who are of marryin' age, so there's no use planting roots in East Tennessee...

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO!!!
grin.gif

Yeah, we moved to FL before my cuzin's got legal marryin' age (12).
wink.gif

Back