No more traffic watch...

If you're in LAS I've seen a meat missle Caravan job offered somewhere south of there. Mins seem to be 1000TT.

If you're in LAS I've seen a meat missle Caravan job offered somewhere south of there. Mins seem to be 1000TT.

Thanks for the info. I'll start asking.
Depends on what "south of there" means.
Because it may be a situation of "been, there, done that, don't want to risk my certs."

I worked for Metro in Sacramento a few years ago as a reporter and with the contract company as a pilot. We saw the writing on the wall when Clear Channel's new CEO came up to the mic and said aviation has no place in radio. Metro cut their flights by half not long after and they've been out of the Sacramento market for a couple of years now.

It is SkyDiveLasVegas.com , they called me 5 days ago. It sounded like a good gig . This is the job post that I responded to from them:

Immediate opening for a Caravan Jump Pilot. Great job, Excellent pay. Caravan experience preferred, but we can train the right person.

Insurance requirements are 1000 TT PIC, but can be waived depending on your qualifications. You should be safe, professional and drug-free. Located at the Boulder City Airport 20 miles southeast of Las Vegas, NV.

Have fun while building turbine PIC time. There is plenty to do around the Las Vegas area in your off time.

Email resumes to brent@skydivelasvegas.com or fax to 702-293-5684 or call 702-SKY-DIVE (702-759-3483). When applying, ref: PlaneJobs.com

Posted 2/19/2009

Yeah, I was refering to the Skydive Las Vegas job. Once they're out the door you could put the thing in flight idle, roll into a 60 deg bank, and probably beat the divers back down, although I think the door STC for the Van limits you to 155 kts.

On the other hand, if you'd like to work on your French:

We are looking for Caravan Jump Pilot for the 2009's season, from May to October. Full time or part-time. We are offering excellent conditions. Caravan experience is needed with 1000 TT PIC.

We are located at Saint-Jean-Chrysostome/Lévis (Parachutisme Atmosphair DZ), 10 minutes from the magnificent Québec city. Very good job in a wonderful environment. The French language is not a problem if you are not speaking it.

Please send your resumes to Email: pierre@atmosphair.com

Yeah, I was refering to the Skydive Las Vegas job. Once they're out the door you could put the thing in flight idle, roll into a 60 deg bank, and probably beat the divers back down, although I think the door STC for the Van limits you to 155 kts.

On the other hand, if you'd like to work on your French:

My traffic watch flying goes back to 1984 in LA. Owned a C152. I flew most of the morning flights and had other pilots fly the afternoon. If I remember right, I paid the pilots $5 per hour and still lost money. We almost always flew with a radio broadcaster but I had the chance near the end to do some broadcasts on my own including flying during the 1984 Olympics. Too bad it all seems to be coming to and end.
PM

Back