No More Lears

The Praeter is there already. It's even much cheaper than the 350. It's stuffed with features and technology from the front to the back. It actually beats the 350 in just about every category. It just isn't selling as well as the Challenger is selling. I think it comes down to reliability and the Challenger 350 being a known commodity.
I think Embraer is still trying to overcome the perception of a Legacy is just a ERJ with winglets and the Phenom is just a cheap little jet. I actually like working on Embraer's, in some ways their manuals are better than Gulfstream's.

Embraer has made a great name for themselves with regards to maintenance. Other could really learn from them. The real issue with their competing right now is production. The Praetors are "booked" well into next year. You can get a 350 next quarter.

P.S. I was close to getting into a Praetor...missed it by this much!

I think Embraer is still trying to overcome the perception of a Legacy is just a ERJ with winglets and the Phenom is just a cheap little jet. I actually like working on Embraer's, in some ways their manuals are better than Gulfstream's.

I haven't heard anything bad about it from a pilot's perspective.

Embraer has made a great name for themselves with regards to maintenance. Other could really learn from them. The real issue with their competing right now is production. The Praetors are "booked" well into next year. You can get a 350 next quarter.

P.S. I was close to getting into a Praetor...missed it by this much!

I believe that the next new Challenger 350 isn't available to March 2022. Now there may be customers who are waiting in line that are willing to sell their slot, but outside of that any potential customers would have to get in line behind Vistajet and Flexjet. Even Airshare is looking to order up to 20 of them.

I haven't heard anything bad about it from a pilot's perspective.
Pilots normally don't buy jets. My comment was more about owners, I know of a 91 flight department with two G650's and two G700's on order to replace them as soon as they can be delivered. It borders on ridiculous for many of us but some people insist on having the latest and greatest.

Pilots normally don't buy jets. My comment was more about owners, I know of a 91 flight department with two G650's and two G700's on order to replace them as soon as they can be delivered. It borders on ridiculous for many of us but some people insist on having the latest and greatest.

Yup. I agree and didn't say anything different.

I know of a 91 flight department with two G650's and two G700's on order to replace them as soon as they can be delivered. It borders on ridiculous for many of us but some people insist on having the latest and greatest.
Did you tell them the iPhone 13 is coming out?
Pilots normally don't buy jets.

As a pilot I did purchase one thing that runs on Jet A.

Brand spanking new.

It was a spur of the moment purchase but I never looked back.

IMG_1879.JPG

I honestly can say that going on a test flight in a 35 and having it go into emergency pressurization multiple times might be the worst flight I’ve ever had. All of the others that make the list at least I was flying the dumb thing.
Speaking of test flight. I haven’t posted in a long time. Once a year or so I sign on. However when you mention Lears, I’m all ears. Especially the several thousand hours of 45 time I have. Such an awesome airplane. Hopefully I didn’t give @knot4u his last Lear test flight 10’ish years ago but if I did it was my pleasure.

Also the 350 is amazing. It just sucks Bombardier is the manufacturer. The next few years will be interesting in the super mid class.

Speaking of test flight. I haven’t posted in a long time. Once a year or so I sign on. However when you mention Lears, I’m all ears. Especially the several thousand hours of 45 time I have. Such an awesome airplane. Hopefully I didn’t give @knot4u his last Lear test flight 10’ish years ago but if I did it was my pleasure.

Also the 350 is amazing. It just sucks Bombardier is the manufacturer. The next few years will be interesting in the super mid class.
That was not the ride I was wishing would end.

Back