NJC registration date change

ComplexHiAv8r

Did I notice early registration end date change from Sept 15 to Sept 7?

If there is only do many tickets to sell maybe it should be report somehow: only 50 tickets left or something.

Read "Freakanomics"

It's a financial incentive to commit.

The earlier people commit, the better I can plan for the number of attendees and that's greatly helpful.

So there is a "value incentive" to saying "Yeah, what the hell, I'm going to NetworkJC" for the attendee and, although it's reduced revenue for registering early, it is tremendously helpful being able to plan in advance, rather than dealing with last minute "OMGZ! Where do we stay? Is there a hotel block? Can I bring rolled pennies to you in person?! Where is it?" the last minute before the event kicks off! :)

There is also a 'cancellation policy' so people can register with confidence.

Yup, that's only a snippet of how challenging it is to get people, booze, grub mashed together in Vegas to run a networking event with a shoestring budget.

Oh and there is a limit but again, an incentive to register if you think you're going to attend. :)

There is also a 'cancellation policy' so people can register with confidence.

Are you going to announce that only 15% will be refunded following a cancellation, or did you want me to leave that in the fineprint?

:D

Oh and there is a limit but again, an incentive to register if you think you're going to attend. :)
What is the limit?? Like mentioned above it would be nice if 87/100 sold or something would be nice and hopefully push those to sign up.

You misspelled "Force Majeure."

This post brought to you by Pedantic Boy

Pedantic_Boy.png

What is the limit?? Like mentioned above it would be nice if 87/100 sold or something would be nice and hopefully push those to sign up.

I could turn that on, but then, people would 'last minute' it because there are plenty available when they last looked.

But in lieu of any numbers, we're 25% of the "comfortable maximum" after two days of sales with 40-ish days of sales left.

Here's a good example, registration is $40, if you do it early. If you wait, it's $50.

Edit:

So I've made a deal.

I'm essentially saying "Hey, here's $10 to make your decision early so I can determine how much food, refreshments and space I need in advance".

I essentially paid X people $30 to get the ball rolling on the first day of registration and to gauge interest. It helped me beta-test the automation of the signup process, look for bugs in the system and did it fairly quickly because of the scarcity of the heavily discounted tickets.

I'm paying Y people $10 to get registered between now and September 7th so I can get an idea of the registration trends in order to figure out the catering.

After the 7th, I'll already have a good idea of the final numbers.

I'm rewarding people who were committed early.

Then I'm rewarding people who don't mill around for a few weeks, going back and forth whether they'll attend or not.

The remainder are people who, within a week or two of seeing the social media blitz and banner ads didn't see 60% off incentive and a 20% off incentive as worthy of making a decision at that point.

I help you, you help me! :) Symbiosis.

I have to be at LAS at 0710 Sunday...I guess it's straight from the party to the airport...I think I will cancel my hotel for Sat and Sunday now.

Back