NJC 2020

No, I mean go back to normal. People can make individual decisions about masks and isolation based upon their own risk factors.
I don't know if I can clean up everyone's head exploding at once that's screaming about masks to people on the TV because it makes them feel better. Maybe a middle ground.

Nah, there is no middle ground on people getting to make their own decisions and live their own lives.
Well obviously I agree to an extent. If Covid was the spanish flu or even close to it the State has a right to protect it's citizens by mandating masks (even if they aren't perfect), there's past practice on it.

While I want to respect anyone's right to their opinion, I fail to see how a mandatory mask requirement, in the present dangerous circumstances, is an unwarranted infringement on our inalienable rights. Government does have the right to protect its citizens, including from other ignorant citizens.

It's like the Supreme Court justice's ( Justice Learned Hand, perhaps) remark that free speech doesn't include the right to yell 'Fire!' in a crowded theater that isn't on fire.

Individual responsibility is sometimes sadly lacking. IMHO.

I agree with @FloridaLarry, if you ride a motorcycle without a helmet it doesn't effect anyone but you. If you don't wear a mask, you're potentially risking the health of others. Wear the effin mask.
Consider this on the helmet, we have to pay when the rider pancakes and dies. So we, the taxpayers, are still gonna spend a few bucks salting the blood on the road and taking him to the hospital (never mind coma) when he could have had a better outcome with a helmet. It effects all of us to some level.

To me this seems like the state protecting itself and it's citizens requiring the mask in some areas.

We're still waiting it out...We have a room booked at the Cosmo for Oct 22-26 and will see what comes of it probably around September.

Hotel rates for that weekend still show pricey rooms, at least for Cosmo.

If you want, book a hotel and where ever you book, make sure there's a cancellation clause, just in case.

Pretty much.

Between the rules, “some stuff going down on the strip” and the COVID situation, it simply wouldn’t be anywhere near the experience many of us expect when we throw an NJC.

2021 though, hopefully epic.

What exactly is the "stuff going down on the strip?" I haven't really been paying attention to what's going on out there.

The 18 dollar a night crowd has moved in (Seriously, go to Vegas.com and pick a few nights to look at these crazy low hotel prices) and has brought the party to the strip. Since bars have been closed until recently and with no shows, no clubs, nothing to do...people are just getting drunk on the strip and going wild. No business travel at all so the only people going to Vegas are the unemployed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back