Night Recency of Experience

It was a joke, you know ha ha laugh kind of thing? But since it need be serious...

Misconception: A mistaken thought, idea, or notion; a misunderstanding

You inaccurately recalled a situation which is a misconception. Saying it wasn't then excusing it away isn't admitting a fault it is covering it up with an excuse.

But like I said before I was only joking around with you it really didn't matter, was going for the ha ha aspect but failed.

The reason it failed is that the only reason for your response was to make a cut at another member of this forum. You did not attempt to add anything to the discussion, you just made a veiled insult to me. You are still doing so.

As far as covering up with an excuse you're quite mistaken. I made an incorrect statement and floridaCFII corrected me. I accepted this and stated so in post #17. I made the point that it was something I had been aware of, but had forgotten about the letter. Is there something wrong with that? If I had not known about the letter I would have said "thanks for posting that, I hadn't known that before", but I did know it and was just making that point.

At that point, it had nothing to do with you, but having nothing to add to the discussion you felt it necessary to issue an insult. So be it. It's your right to comment as you wish on the forum.

Settled? Common don't you know me better than that?

Ghague your a........but seriously I meant it as a joke sorry you took it otherwise.
Still tossing insults. You say you meant it as a joke. That's fine, but I have no more time for you, nor do I wish to carry on a personal conversation on a public forum. Others do not need to read this, and it has taken everyone off the original post.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems inconsistent with the reasoning for night currency. I'm sure this isn't the only instance of this in the regs...but, hey, discuss anyway...
Maybe not. The landing currency requirement is primarily there to protect the passenger. The instrument currency requirement is there to protect the system. Crash on a runway and the impact beyond the people in the plane is minimal. Screw up IFR and the impact can be felt for hundreds of miles.

What did surprise me was the Olshock opinion, that the CFI didn't have to be current because even a student pilot was not a passenger with respect to the CFI. It surprised me because is was about 25 years ago that the FAA said:

==============================
a student pilot taking lessons from a certificated flight instructor is a passenger with respect to the flight instructor and, therefore, the flight instructor must meet the recency experience requirements of Section 61.57(a), (c) and (d).
==============================

Now, =there's= inconsistency.

Back