I live in the OKC area. I have a question about Line Service jobs. Where do I look to find a job as a Line Service Technician? There are several airports around me, but I cannot find any jobs posted on a job search site. Any suggestions? I am turning 18 soon and would love a job at an airport. Any help would be wonderful.
Thanks,

Mike G.

I live in the OKC area. I have a question about Line Service jobs. Where do I look to find a job as a Line Service Technician? There are several airports around me, but I cannot find any jobs posted on a job search site. Any suggestions? I am turning 18 soon and would love a job at an airport. Any help would be wonderful.
Thanks,

Mike G.

Hey Mike, alot of the times you wont find job postings for line service. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. The best advice I could give would be go to these places dressed fairly well and tell them you would be intrested in working for them on line service and ask to fill out an application and if they have time, check out their operation. You might even consider getting a resume together and handing that around the various FBOs to. Key thing is to make a good first impression by showing you are not just there for a job and paycheck, but have the passion to do it well and care about customer service.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey Mike, alot of the times you wont find job postings for line service. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. The best advice I could give would be go to these places dressed fairly well and tell them you would be intrested in working for them on line service and ask to fill out an application and if they have time, check out their operation. You might even consider getting a resume together and handing that around the various FBOs to. Key thing is to make a good first impression by showing you are not just there for a job and paycheck, but have the passion to do it well and care about customer service.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey n57, you work at an FBO right? how did you land that at 17? I would love to be in your position in a couple of monthes, do you think you could PM me you perspective/duties during the days, does school conflict with it? Thanks

Matthew:)

Most require one to be 18, at least at most larger airports and companies. Just walk in and apply. Don't wear a shirt and tie (it's not that meticulous of a job), but a nice collared shirt and pants. Be polite to whom ever you speak to because managers usually ask employees what they thought of "the guy who applied today" and word will get back to the big boss and he makes the decisions. Finally, FBO's cater to the rich and famous, so remember to shave. :)

Most require one to be 18, at least at most larger airports and companies. Just walk in and apply. Don't wear a shirt and tie (it's not that meticulous of a job), but a nice collared shirt and pants. Be polite to whom ever you speak to because managers usually ask employees what they thought of "the guy who applied today" and word will get back to the big boss and he makes the decisions. Finally, FBO's cater to the rich and famous, so remember to shave. :)

I don't have much of a mustache, much less a bierd!:laff:

I applied online today for a position at AAR in OKC at Will Rogers World Airport. Their requirements are 18 and a high school diploma. I am only 1 month away from both. I still have to send in a resume though. Just a few questions really quick.

What are some tasks that I would be doing the first few days and what type of training would I be getting if I was hired?

Thanks for all of the help.

Mike

What are some tasks that I would be doing the first few days and what type of training would I be getting if I was hired?

Thanks for all of the help.

Mike

You'll be shadowing for a long while. It's not a job where you are thrown to the wolves any time soon. It will be months, sometimes years to be trained fully. You might grab a few bags of ice and make a few pots of coffee on your first day. It's not hard work (unless it's snowing haha), but every plane is fueled differently, lavs are done differently, the fuel trucks require a few pointers, etc, etc.

You'll probably watch some NATA Safety First videos and take a few tests on them. If you enjoy aviation you'll have fun.

Post here when you start the job and let us know how you like it.

Guiding, parking and refueling of aircraft. This is what is listed as the job description. Of all the places on the net I searched, this was the weirdest place to find it, MySpace Jobs. Correct me if I am wrong, but a line tech basically parks, fuels, and cleans the aircraft lavs. I am sure they do more, right?

I am not 100% done with the resume yet. I will keep you updated on my application process. Thanks for all the help.

Mike

Guiding, parking and refueling of aircraft. This is what is listed as the job description. Of all the places on the net I searched, this was the weirdest place to find it, MySpace Jobs. Correct me if I am wrong, but a line tech basically parks, fuels, and cleans the aircraft lavs. I am sure they do more, right?

I am not 100% done with the resume yet. I will keep you updated on my application process. Thanks for all the help.

Mike

Yes, among many other things like towing, ice, coffee, newspapers, walking customer's dogs, shuttling pilots/pax to terminal, cutting grass, FOD checks, testing and taking in fuel loads from tankers, answering phones, making popcorn, iced tea, lemonade, cleaning crew cars, fueling and maintaining equipment, sumping trucks, and being a slave (to management, pilots and pax). How's that? :)

Yes, among many other things like towing, ice, coffee, newspapers, walking customer's dogs, shuttling pilots/pax to terminal, cutting grass, FOD checks, testing and taking in fuel loads from tankers, answering phones, making popcorn, iced tea, lemonade, cleaning crew cars, fueling and maintaining equipment, sumping trucks, and being a slave (to management, pilots and pax). How's that? :)

Sounds like heaven to me. I would love to do a FOD walk :rawk:. I knew a Capt. for World who used to work at a airport when he was younger. He said the pilots would take him up front and show him around.

Yeah, it's a good networking job. My friend got to do touch and go's on a G5 (sitting in the back) and I've hopped numerous rides on turbo props.

That would be amazing. I would like to get a job at the airport in Norman, OK because OU runs it. I would love working with all those planes. It would be a dream come true.

Back