375SD

Hi everybody,

I've been lurking here but had to post tonight because I had my first flight lesson today. What a thrill! I've been wanting to do this for about 10 years, but for lots of reasons I'm just starting now. I don't know that it will ever turn into a career, but the possibility is definitely in the back of my mind.

I just wanted to say what a good site this is and it seems to be full of great people. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

welcome aboard......plenty to learn here, just ask. Let us know how your training is going...

Welcome aboard, dettra ... glad you've caught the flying bug, and that you've decided to join our online community. Don't hesitate to call upon us if we can be of help, and good luck in your training!

FL270

My dog says hello, LOL.
grin.gif

Welcome aboard, Skipper!

Once you've caught the flying bug, you can never get rid of it!

Going all the way to the airlines isn't for everyone. I met a lot of people at Oshkosh this year that are Presidents of their own small businesses and they own their own turboprops and go everywhere in them!

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have fun with it!

Good for you! Welcome aboard. Make yourself at home and " NO NOT THE RED KNOB!!" Something I made my CFI say to me my first few times in the pattern.
crazy.gif

I've got some advice for you. If you don't want to get hooked, and end up spending tens of thousands of dollars training for a job that will pay you no more than $20K a year for the first few years, which is subject to disappearing any time Osama and his buddies decide to blow something up or the economy turns down, don't ever go back to that airplane. Ever.

If you do go back, don't say you weren't warned.

And if you do go back, have a great time!

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

Tonyw - thanks for the advice, but after waiting 10 years to do this, I'm definitely hooked. Besides, at least for now it's just for fun. I'm keeping my day job
wink.gif

Well dettra. Regardless of the career plans, or the money spent, I think you will be rewarded with an experience that will probablly change the way you look at things. Obtaining a pilot certificate, is to earn yourself a kind of freedom that NOBODY outside of those of us who have done it, can ever fully appreciate. Good luck. Keep the brown down, and the blue true! Oh yeah, and welcome to JC!

[ QUOTE ]
Tonyw - thanks for the advice, but after waiting 10 years to do this, I'm definitely hooked. Besides, at least for now it's just for fun. I'm keeping my day job
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too late for you then. You're doomed.

For what it's worth, I went down that path a LONG time ago.

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's too late for you then. You're doomed.

For what it's worth, I went down that path a LONG time ago.

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be the first person I come crying to if I'm ever a starving CFI.
frown.gif

Back