Newbie...

jrm1493

Hey folks,

Well I just signed up (first post right here). I've been creeping for a couple of weeks and decided I should go ahead and sign up post. I really like this board and site (great job Doug!) so far.

I'm about a 70 hour private pilot, right now working as an aero engineer in Orlando, but like most of you I really just want to fly. I haven't flown much since I got my private in college (2 years ago) and have just started to get back into it. I'm going to try and get up to commercial as fast as I can flying weekends and such (I figure 2 years realisticly) - I think I want to go pro eventaully but I don't want to rush it in this economy, and I don't want any debt.

Anyway, I don't really have much to say other than to just let yall know that I'm here ...

Anyone know any good day trips to take from SFB? I'm working on building up my PIC cross country right now - ~15 hrs now so I have a few trips I need to take. Also if anyone ever wants to tag along and share some hood / XC time let me know.

Hey, buddy welcome aboard! Jetcareers.com is a great site. I'm sure you'll like it here.

In reference to your question... there is a thread over in the "Networking" that is devoted exclusively to buddy flights. You might want to check that out and put your name on that list!

By the way, the airlines are beginning to hire pilots again. I was at our (Purdue's) aviation job fair here a few weeks ago and I was amazed that the companies hiring pilots actually outweighed the ones hiring for anything else. Albeit, the number of companies who actually showed up was kind of anemic. I'd say we're in an uptick right now. We're ever so slowly emerging from the recession. You're in the right place at the right time!

Back