Newark 1-20-09

rdsoxpilot

Just out of curiousity I overheard atc telling a colgan flight that they were rackin' & stackin' jets up to 11'000 all afternoon inbound to Newark. Anyone know the reason?

EWR was snafu'd from early this morning...but it's all good...I made some extra money today flying in and out of there 3 times! :nana2:

YUL-EWR, EWR-ORF, ORF-EWR did not start until 3pm and every flight was early. We were the gods of the skies last night.

Exactly, you don't know fun until you depart Omaha for Newark and as soon as you're in cruise you hear, "Jetlink 2940 slow to 250 knots and turn right 20 degrees, spacing for Newark."

Heard an ASA flight get that enroute to ATL. Their response was "Are you KIDDING me? Can we change altitude or something?" ATC said "Well, you can, but it won't help. Now, if you change your DESTINATION we might can work something out."

Left KALB last week on the way to ATL and climbing thru 15000 were told to slow to slowest possible speed and given a 110 degree turn for spacing into ATL!Granted between 8 and 9am is the largest concentration of arrivals into the world's busiest airport

Yep, we are sitting on the ground waiting for our ewr wheels up right now. Weather bad? Nope, just a normal day. Come to think of it, I've been doing this flight for almost 2 months now and I don't remember it not being delayed.

I think that the whole east coast was clobbered today due to the post-inaugural "bug-out" from IAD, BWI, etc... It was severe clear on the east coast yet we had an EDCT with :45 minute past sked today out of "White Stains".

Left KALB last week on the way to ATL and climbing thru 15000 were told to slow to slowest possible speed and given a 110 degree turn for spacing into ATL!Granted between 8 and 9am is the largest concentration of arrivals into the world's busiest airport

Probably just got stuck behind a Tranny :p

I'm in ALB now...its friggin cold

I actually got an ACARS message from dispatch about this "hey, are you just trying to build time?"

But seriously, how can passengers, or rather anyone, think these delays are acceptable?

Back