New written test matrix is out

I'm a bit confused about ”added rating” sections, what is the difference between Flight Instructor Instrument and Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane (added rating) per this matrix. Isn't CFII an additional rating to your already existing flight instructor ratings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a CFII-A and added a CFII-H and took the added rating test. Just reverse that for folks who got their RW tickets first then FW.

What really doesn’t compute are the ATP written age requirements:
18 y/o for multi but you have to be 21 for the single?!?!

I had a CFII-A and added a CFII-H and took the added rating test. Just reverse that for folks who got their RW tickets first then FW.

So for my initial CFII ride, I have to take the 50 question test, and if I was adding CFII rotorcraft then it is another 20 question test... hmmm..

What really doesn’t compute are the ATP written age requirements:
18 y/o for multi but you have to be 21 for the single?!?!

More engines, more reliability, and safety, huh? LOL

So for my initial CFII ride, I have to take the 50 question test, and if I was adding CFII rotorcraft then it is another 20 question test... hmmm..

More engines, more reliability, and safety, huh? LOL

There are some reg differences between FW and RW when operating IFR. I don’t remember it being terribly challenging.

Still no tests for the Powered Lift Category. Weird. It's as if it shouldn't exist or something.

The mil comp.

As far as I know, there’s no civilian path to a PL qualification. Once the 609 is certified and comes online, this will have to change.

Flying the harrier would be awesome

There was a British Sea Harrier that found it's way into civilian hands. I don't know if it's still flying.

It is still around and it is owned by a man named Art Nalls at Artnalls.com. His team (and his plane) seem to be getting up in age, but it’s still going.

Flying the jet is a handful, but once you get your feet under you and you have 4-500 hours in it, it gets really fun...until you scare the bejesus out of yourself again...then that cycle just repeats itself forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back