New Type in Delta Colors

SurferLucas

Southern Gentleman
Sitting at the airport in Portland today, I ran across this beauty. First pics of it on the web since it came out of the paint shop.

N590NW, first 757-300 in Delta Colors.

Enjoy! :rawk:

Attachments

• Luke Pictures 527.jpg
    Luke Pictures 527.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Luke Pictures 528.jpg
    Luke Pictures 528.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 236
Looks okay but...

Still takes twelve minutes for the 224 passengers to disembark. :p

That thing is freakin long...I know when I commute on Delta's -200's it seems like it takes FOREVER to get off if you're row 35 or higher. I can't imagine how long this thing takes...esp when you have a family traveling with 5 kids, 2 strollers and none of them want to stay with the parents...

I hear that Delta's going to put them on PDX routes sometime this summer (according to the gate agents here)...any word from DL about 76's coming back to Portland (other than the ER's going to NRT and AMS)?

The NWA guys always told me that they were scared less every time they rotated, because there's apparently a very good chance of tail strike if you don't do it just right. :panic:

:yeahthat: Ive heard the 757 guys hate flying the 300.

Same in the Q4...we can't go past 6 deg on landing...if we get to 5 deg, it's a call by the PM...if you get to 6 deg, you have to call correcting and correct with power only.

I can't wait to fly it although, I hear it is a dog.

Would it still be a dog, if Boeing increased the MTOW on the 300 to 270,000 lbs. vs 255,000 lbs. on the 200 series?

The NWA guys always told me that they were scared less every time they rotated, because there's apparently a very good chance of tail strike if you don't do it just right. :panic:

There's a chance of striking a 737-800 and -900 tail as well. Watch a -900 rotate.

I don't know about takeoff, but on landing the 300 series uses the three outboard spoilers on each wing. They will automatically be held down if the angle of attack exceeds 6 degrees.

The resulting action causes a lift changing will force the nose down, thus helping the plane avoid a tail strike!

I am not sure about other companies but at Northwest they get a printout after takeoff and landing on the A-320 series and the B-757 that tells them the rate of rotation, speed at liftoff/touchdown, max pitch at liftoff/touchdown.

They have had numerous tailstrikes on landing in the -300.

I was in the cockpit jumpseat on a 757-300 from MSP to SEA one night a few years ago. The captain mentioned in the departure brief to the first officer that "and as we're in a -300 tonight as always I'm going to take it easy on rotation so we don't bump it on the way out."

We used 12L and he basically flew the thing on the ground down the entire runway until the end, rotating ever so slowly all the last few thousand feet. We crossed the threshold at no more than 30 feet.

The printout appeared automatically a few minutes later. He picked it up and chuckled, passing it to the first officer and saying "maybe I went a little overboard."

The first officer laughed and then handed it back to me. I still have that printout in the room I am typing from right now and I Just read it again:

KCAS AT ROTATION: 180

:eek:

It blows my mind that ATA was able to fly the 300s full out of MDW in the summer without many tailstrikes. I think I only heard of two times someone overrotated, and that was in the first few months of service.

Back