New startup Avelo hiring

I already posted earlier that they were hiring, but here is the direct link if anyone needs it again.

I didn't see any posts about Avelo in this subforum at time of posting. Also, the first link I posted at the top is the direct application. Second link is just for people to learn about who the Leadership Team is.

I didn't see any posts about Avelo in this subforum at time of posting. Also, the first link I posted at the top is the direct application. Second link is just for people to learn about who the Leadership Team is.

Yeah the post is on the second page. No biggie but I did post about it last month.

They're looking for leaders.

Also assuming they probably want to weed out the folks who would treat it only as a stepping stone to a major, having someone who is just looking to 'put in their time' and collect a paycheck is toxic to startups.

They want 3 years of 121 dispatching plus dispatch management experience? Definitely a sign of the times.

I would totally expect those to be the quals for a group of people that are gonna be the absolute first group of dispatchers walking into a carrier on the ground floor. You want some people that the (eventual) green dispatchers can look to for guidance and leadership.

Also assuming they probably want to weed out the folks who would treat it only as a stepping stone to a major, having someone who is just looking to 'put in their time' and collect a paycheck is toxic to startups.

They have a very risky business model flying lots of seats into small markets for less than Spirit pricing. Very high chance of the job not lasting very long. Who knows the business model might work out but until it is a stable, established airline it would be extremely stupid for anyone to treat it an anything other than a stepping stone unless they really love the job location.

I can see taking a position there in the hopes of getting quickly promoted to a job title that looks good on a resume but if you are there just as a regular dispatcher I would treat it as a temporary paycheck until the regionals hire again or the company proves itself.

Back