New Runway at Ft. Pierce FL

BillErvin

Peddling as fast as I can
Fort Pierce, St Lucie County Airport has a new runway. The new runway 10L/28R was dedicated this morning. Problem is it's not connected to the rest of the airport, that's right no taxiway to the main airport! Touch & Go/Taxi back only, what a waste of asphalt & 15.3 Million.

Yeah I saw that a few weeks ago when I went there with a student. What's the point of having a runway that you can't taxi in from? Why would they build a runway just for touch and goes or taxi backs? They can't be that busy.

efuehrin-albums-misc-picture25594-thread-worthless-without-pi.gif

I have a friend who is a controller there...he thinks its retarded, but he says the FAA thinks it is a revolutionary idea.

I guess we will see. Personally I am not a fan, and the times I have flown in, it hasn't been all that busy.

I have a friend who is a controller there...he thinks its retarded, but he says the FAA thinks it is a revolutionary idea.

I asked a controller the same question in KADM, they just built a new runway. The airport is dead literally, but he said the bigger the runway, the more they will come.

Back