new question

schuh

I went and talked to the Sac ATP. Since i only have 13 hours I think i am going to get my private there to. has anyone done their private pilot program? They also said that you can do the 10 month self pace career program and do it a heck of a lot faster than 10 months and take some days off. Just wondering if anyone has done that.

Im just asking questions so I can make the best move for myself.
Thanks

The only difference really is the fact that you dont get an apartment to stay in if the rating your working on is located at the airport that your doing the program. During the XC phase youll get a hotel, during CFI school when you go to Vegas youll get a place to stay, but if you do your add-ons back in Sac, you have to find your own place to stay.

Also, your the last one on the list to get your flying in. 90 dayers, and people off the street that want an add-on will bump you out of a plane.

If you live in the area already, and have a job, I say just go for the 10 month self paced. But obviously try and do it as quickly as possible.

I started a few weeks after a guy who did the 10 month program and he finished up with me.

well i still live at home and its 10 miles away from the airport. I am in real estate so I am going to take time off to finish up all my ratings.

haha thats what everyone thinks about real estate now. It's not that bad....Really! Dont pay attention to the left wing media;)

Yeah really, real estate sucks for those who are trying to sell. People are picking up houses for bargains. Lots of people are out buying new homes right now because they are getting deals that you will probably never see again. My brother and his future wife just bought a townhouse for $148,000 and the house was listed for $189,000. In the subdivision, last year the townhouses were all selling for that price. My one buddy bought one last fall for high $180's. I'm sure he'll be pretty pissed when I tell him about how my brother is getting a better one than his and for $40,000 cheaper.

Ben

ya its great if you are in the market for a repo. great deals. But ya i will not work when i am doing my flight training.

Back