New Plastic Pilots License is High Tech

172_Captain

I just recieved my new license today, it's plastic for those that haven't recieved yours yet. It has a hologram on the lower right corner with the FAA seal. I just happened to have a 7x loupe sitting on my desk and curiosity got the best of me. Invisible to the naked eye, the new license has the following safeguards against forgery: aroung the holographic FAA seal in very small letters it reads "**SOMETHING**" the wing struts of the **SOME TYPE OF AIRCRAFT*** on the front and the wing struts and leading edges of the wings of the **SOME TYPE OF AIRCRAFT**.
So there you have it, the secret is out now.

**From Doug** -- Dude, last thing I need is 100,000 conspiracy-theorist websites pointing to my page accusing me of giving out info to Al Quada, much like what happened after 9/11.

elkabong.jpg

I always wondered why they used paper ones. I am glad they changed. Are they sending them to everyone that already has a license or only by request or as you renew or what?
smile.gif

Either when you get a new certificate or rating, or you have to pay $2 per license to get a new one. My old ones are working just fine, and I never look at them anyways so I can't justify spending $6 yet on something that is just sitting in my wallet.

We must have been in the same batch. I received mine yesterday as well. Looks slick, just hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle with the other wallet stuff....

That makes three of that got ours yeterday! I think its pretty cool, ecspecially seeing my name as an instrument rated pilot, should be good for a couple more weeks until i finish my commercial.

In reference to my edit of the first post of this thread, speak about it all you'd like, but do not discuss the hidden security features of the new license because you never know who is reading the information and for what purposes.

Lots of .gov's, .mil's and [insert terrorist harboring nation(s) here] on the weblogs.

Doug did you get my e-mails with the video clips of the wheels-up landing I witnessed at DWH in Houston?

I think i saw that on the news...it was a really good landing if i'm thinking of the same one as you. The guy had one wheel down but not locked in and he landed it as if he had done in many times before in the grass beside the runway. I was amazed at how well he did it.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug did you get my e-mails with the video clips of the wheels-up landing I witnessed at DWH in Houston?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope!

Doug your inbox is probably overloaded! LOL! I sent you an e-mail the other day, also curious if you received it.

I have a computer at the house wholly dedicated to skimming spam out of my inbox every 2 minutes. So if it met one of the 'tell tell' signs of being a piece of spam or a virus, chances are I haven't seen it.

Usually, if you tell me you're going to send an attachment, I'm able to give you a special email address to send it to.

Speaking of spam, those of you with your email address in your signature may want to put a phrase like "nospam" in there somewhere. I read that spammers love to harvest email addresses from websites!

[ QUOTE ]
I read that spammers love to harvest email addresses from websites!

[/ QUOTE ]Fact!

I think the software automatically adds the -remove-me-first- tags in the email when you register. If not, you can always add 'em.

Back