New NTSB Chairman's actions

None of that means squat this early in the investigation.

I know you want something "quick".

None of that means squat this early in the investigation.

I know you want something "quick".

No, *I* don't. This is why even the CVR and FDR data release literally day after recovery is something I couldn't believe. It left me very disappointed in the way the Chair has decided to carry this investigation. I believe in the previous train of NTSB investigations. Everyone calm down, no quick answers, and we'll get back to you with the preliminary report in a couple weeks to a couple months, followed by the public hearing. Instead this NTSB investigation is releasing info for no good reason. The Chair even shared pilot interview info that she stressed was only their own words, and not backed up by official paperwork checks. So why say anything?! How about shuttin it until the background check is done to verify the info in the personal interviews?

I think it would take a weird pilot to be okay with how the NTSB is handling this publically. And let's not get started on the pilot name confirmation fiasco!

Bill Waldock: "Beware of walking up to the smoking hole and thinking, 'A Ha!'"

I'd expect the reaction to be something along the lines of "huh, interesting" or "I have a few ideas to follow up on."

Of course, they don't let me walk up to smokin' holes, so I'll sit here on the Internets instead.

I'd expect the reaction to be something along the lines of "huh, interesting" or "I have a few ideas to follow up on."

Of course, they don't let me walk up to smokin' holes, so I'll sit here on the Internets instead.

It's a really interesting course and probably a great degree program.

We got to dig around a lot of recreated aircraft accident scenes -- the college would pretty much buy/acquire it and recreate it at an investigation lab on campus and you would conduct a supervised investigation on it.

It's a really interesting course and probably a great degree program.

We got to dig around a lot of recreated aircraft accident scenes -- the college would pretty much buy/acquire it and recreate it at an investigation lab on campus and you would conduct a supervised investigation on it.

I knew I should have gone to Riddle!

:D

Back