New N90 bid

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Anyone currently FAA that has wanted N90 but was at a level 8 or below, a new bid is up without the level 8 restriction. If you are from a level 9 or less you will attend the Academy for a new class called TETRA. Details/timeline can be found in the qualifications tab. N90 bids supersede the ERR MOU so you can be released (and quickly) even if your current facility doesn't meet the usual staffing requirements.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488914200

Do you know is TETRA pass/pass or do they send you back to your old station if you are unsatisfactory? Asking for a friend (really, I hate Long Island, never going back for longer than a weekend).

Do you know is TETRA pass/pass or do they send you back to your old station if you are unsatisfactory? Asking for a friend (really, I hate Long Island, never going back for longer than a weekend).

For new hires it is pass/fail afaik. For transfers I have no idea.

TBH I'd rather take a 3 month TDY assignment and if I don't do well be sent back then spend 2 years on LI posting strips just to wash out. But again...LI. my coworker is considering C.90

For new hires it is pass/fail afaik. For transfers I have no idea.

TBH I'd rather take a 3 month TDY assignment and if I don't do well be sent back then spend 2 years on LI posting strips just to wash out. But again...LI. my coworker is considering C.90
For a current controller without level 10 or above terminal experience, if you get selected for N90 you will be given a TOL that says you will attend TSEW and then TETRA at the academy. TSEW is pass/pass. TETRA will be an assessment. If you pass the TETRA assessment, you'll return to your facility and a release date will be negotiated and then a FOL will be given.
If you don't pass the TETRA assessment, your TOL will be rescinded and you'll stay at your current facility.

This chart is in the job announcement. https://www.faa.gov/jobs/media/NY_Tracon_Transfer_Procedures.pdf

I hope it gets better for you guys but until they offer to double current pay and have some sort of option out term (3-5 years maybe) who really wants to be stuck there?

Alright @Stinger and @NovemberEcho, do you know if this announcement applies to NCEPT release categories or not? I applied for an AK detail, nothing about it in the announcement, but I talked to some guys from that region said my current facility had to be cat2 or better to get picked up (and it's gonna be a while till we are cat2 or better at my current facility).

Alright @Stinger and @NovemberEcho, do you know if this announcement applies to NCEPT release categories or not? I applied for an AK detail, nothing about it in the announcement, but I talked to some guys from that region said my current facility had to be cat2 or better to get picked up (and it's gonna be a while till we are cat2 or better at my current facility).

If you're asking about an N90 bid than no, NCEPT doesn't matter. If it matters though your current facility will be cat2 long before we are lol

If you're asking about an N90 bid than no, NCEPT doesn't matter. If it matters though your current facility will be cat2 long before we are lol
I ask because we can't let anyone go for a long time due to NCEPT outbounds and training going slow. The gears have been turning. Seems almost like a win/win.

You'll be able to get selected, but if your facility isn't eligible to release anyone, the AK facility will have to put in for a deviation waiver. The A11 and JNU spots I saw a while back seem extremely seasonal, so I don't see them going to the trouble to try for someone they may not get.
For the N90 jobs, your current category at your facility doesn't matter.

You'll be able to get selected, but if your facility isn't eligible to release anyone, the AK facility will have to put in for a deviation waiver. The A11 and JNU spots I saw a while back seem extremely seasonal, so I don't see them going to the trouble to try for someone they may not get.
For the N90 jobs, your current category at your facility doesn't matter.
If any of you get the AK spots, the red Medevac Pilatus always has the airport in sight and we’re able short approach.

Back