Cooper94

Well I just came across these forums and I want to be a commercial pilot when I get older. Well I live in New York and I am 14 years old. I am going to be doing my training through my local airport flight school which is Heritage Flight Academy. I have wanted to be a airline pilot for about 3 years now. I am well aware of the increasing oil prices. I am in high school as a freshman and would like to get my plan together. Any help or advise for the 14 year old would be great!
Thank You

Welcome! You found a good community here...you can learn a lot just by reading through these forums, they have been invaluable to me.

Welcome to JC good luck with all your flying, just be persistent and keep your head up:D

Yes I would like to know if there is a A319 f/o or captain on the forums? I would really like to talk to one through email. My email is coo_p_er@yahoo.com. So if your a A319 f/o or captain and would like to talk to me that would be great! If possible a A319 f/o or captain that has done there training at there local airport! Thank you and thank you for welcomeing me to these weath of information forums.
Thank You

First of all, Welcome!
Second, you seem very mature for a 14 yr old.
Third, stay in school and maybe go to college with a major in aviation.
Fourth, keep your goals and dreams alive, even if the aviation business can seem harsh sometimes.
Good luck!:)

Well I just came across these forums and I want to be a commercial pilot when I get older. Well I live in New York and I am 14 years old. I am going to be doing my training through my local airport flight school which is Heritage Flight Academy. I have wanted to be a airline pilot for about 3 years now. I am well aware of the increasing oil prices. I am in high school as a freshman and would like to get my plan together. Any help or advise for the 14 year old would be great!
Thank You

I had my first log book entry when I was 14, no reason why you can't start now. After I got my first flight, I got a job, and started learning to fly, it was great. Go to a local place, or find a random guy who is a flight instructor to learn. Learn, and take your prom date on a flight. Get flying quick, and get flying. Join CAP. You'll do find if you try hard, right now I fly commercially for a living and I'm 20 (though not at a big airline, just flying small airplanes up in alaska) so its definitely doable. Just bust ass, and absorb knowledge like a human sponge. Good luck, if you need any information, send me a PM.

Welcome,

I'll second the Join Civil Air Patrol Cadet program. Go to www.CAP.gov to find a squadron near you. If there is more than one in your area, check them all out before you commit to one.

Ask lots of questions

Bill

Yup March 9th is my birthday and that is when I will be takeing my first lesson at my local airport. As you need to be 16 to hold a solo lisence. Once again thank you for all the information! Even if your a regional pilot for someone on the east coast please email me at coo_p_er@yahoo.com.
Thank You

Welcome aboard!

Go ahead and take some lessons now, true, you have to be 16 to solo, but that is no reason to not start learning now. That is, of course, you have the financial means to do so. There is no where in the regs that you can ONLY have 40 hours to get your ticket. The more you learn the better off you are.

As for giving out your email address so easily, I wouldn't do it. Read over the forums and try to answer any questions you have. If you stilll have questions, just ask them. There are plenty of good folks on here that are willing to help you. e

Thank You

Welcome!

im 16 and by the time you and I are out of college and looking for an airline gig it should be looking a lot better... i hope!

just have fun flying!

and questions you have, just ask, and if i cant answer it, i know someone with waaaaaaay more experience than my small amount of time will gladly help!

Back