New Member: MikeD/A Blast From the Past!

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
I'm pretty excited to introduce a new member of the forums.

"MikeD" was one of my roommates for a couple of years in college and even though I lost contact with the guy for the past 10 years, he is a very good friend.

I met Mike back at ERAU in 1989!

Mike was involved with the civilian route in aviation for a bit until UPS went on strike and his company lost the feeder contract, so he went thru OCS and has been flying the A-10 for the past couple of years. Nothing cool like knowing Mike is blowin' sh*t up!

I guess Mike's flying the A-10 because the O-2 isn't around for him to be a FAC on! Ha! Inside joke!

Hopefully, Mike'll find a friendly place on the forums to settle in and contribute lots to the community!

[ QUOTE ]

I guess Mike's flying the A-10 because the O-2 isn't around for him to be a FAC on! Ha! Inside joke!

[/ QUOTE ]

O-2s....hehehe. Wish they were still around, that would've been the plane of choice next to the OV-10.

Mike

Cool, it's fun to hear from old friends. I gotta ask though, can we expect to hear from King Adrock and MCA soon? heheh

Speaking of the A-10, I know the gun on that bad boy is hardcore, but does anybody know how long they can fire it for? I guess what I am asking is how much ammo do they take with them? Im sure everyone has heard the saying that if they could fire the gun long enough it would stop the airplane
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...we could hear the cannons inside the cockpit of the OH-58's! That's pretty impressive...kinda sounds like a fart!

[/ QUOTE ]

JESUS CMartin!!
grin.gif

And ya wonder why you get shut down.
grin.gif
grin.gif

What was wrong with CMartin's post?

I thought it was funny. The A-10 is one ugly plane...but I guess that's why they call it the warthog, huh?

Surf

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of the A-10, I know the gun on that bad boy is hardcore, but does anybody know how long they can fire it for? I guess what I am asking is how much ammo do they take with them? Im sure everyone has heard the saying that if they could fire the gun long enough it would stop the airplane
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

1174 total rounds. Fired in 2-3 second bursts. GAU-8/A fires 50 rounds/second in the first second; 75 rounds/second thereafter.

And fun to fire.
MD

[quote
JESUS CMartin!!
grin.gif

And ya wonder why you get shut down.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that is exactly what they sound like. They have this ttttthhhhhhbbbbbbbbttttt sound. Just like the elephant that used to run under my father's couch.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MikeD. Is it true that if you were to fire the cannon for more then a few seconds it would actually stop the plane??

[/ QUOTE ]

Urban legend.

MD

Hey MikeD, I remember you from the Airdisaster.com forums (I think that is where I remember you from
blush.gif
)

At any rate, great to have you aboard here on jetcareers.com

and thanks for your service.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We had a "barking spider" that lived in my dad's LAZ boy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play in a band called the Barking Spiders. We stunk.
grin.gif

We always had a flock/group/whatever you call em, of ducks in our living room that we kept stepping on. Funny how those damn things followed me when I moved out. They always seem to run right under my feet and I end up steppin on em.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We had a "barking spider" that lived in my dad's LAZ boy!

[/ QUOTE ]

We always had a flock/group/whatever you call em, of ducks in our living room that we kept stepping on. Funny how those damn things followed me when I moved out. They always seem to run right under my feet and I end up steppin on em.
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I always knew things in Arkansas were just a little different...
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I always knew things in Arkansas were just a little different...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you Sooners taught us well......
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Back