New Member Intro

joy

Hello everyone,
Totally new to this and not sure if im at a right place lol i was looking for a flight attendant job and Google took me here! well seems like im among some professional aviation crowd of people here. would appreciate any suggestion of where about to go get that flight attendant job =)

Hello everyone,
Totally new to this and not sure if im at a right place lol i was looking for a flight attendant job and Google took me here! well seems like im among some professional aviation crowd of people here. would appreciate any suggestion of where about to go get that flight attendant job =)
nope, not really the right spot, but welcome to JC.

Will have the mods move it to the right section - under the jobs wanted / available section of the forum... also, PM Amber, she might help with attendant leads
MQAAord

Check the airlines website, thats probably your best ex: google "united airlines jobs, delta airlines jobs, etc).. Good luck.

Express Jet is hiring FAs. For a regional they have the best first year pay ($19 an hour). I enjoyed my time working for Express Jet. http://www.expressjet.com/careers/flight-attendants/
As for majors, I believe US Airways is hiring but the pay sucks depending on which coast. They aren't a very happy group.
UA and Delta are rumored to start hiring again in 2013. Eagle is hiring but not recommended (ask Amber) I believe American is going to be hiring again soon but again, it might be a slippery slope over there.
I also hear SWA is suppose to start hiring again in 2013.

If you have a stable [as stable can be these days] job DO NOT leave it to go to Eagle or AA. If you're currently jobless, sure, toss in an app at Eagle and AA when they open their window (I have no idea if they have already or when it may be). Me, personally, I wouldn't leave a stable job to go back to any AMR subsidiary if my life depended on it. I spent 7 years there, loved the people I worked directly with, but it is a cluster beyond words right now and I can not encourage someone to leave something stable to go there. Like I said, if you're jobless, if you have nothing else, go for it. But even while 'new' there keep your eyes open for other opportunities and know that it's pretty much a sinking ship. It'll either capsize fully, or a few rescue boats may take some survivors away (merger) but either way don't have any delusions of retiring from there.

I have been completely swamped lately, so I don't have a lot of current hiring info. Check the "FA Hiring" thread that is stickied (at the very top of the F/A forum here) and check out the links posted. :)

Express Jet is hiring FAs. For a regional they have the best first year pay ($19 an hour). I enjoyed my time working for Express Jet. http://www.expressjet.com/careers/flight-attendants/
As for majors, I believe US Airways is hiring but the pay sucks depending on which coast. They aren't a very happy group.
UA and Delta are rumored to start hiring again in 2013. Eagle is hiring but not recommended (ask Amber) I believe American is going to be hiring again soon but again, it might be a slippery slope over there.
I also hear SWA is suppose to start hiring again in 2013.
West F/A's usually seem quite a bit happier than East F/A's

Back