New look, no like

Mavmb

Well what's everybody think of the new look? Maybe I'm the only hater in the bunch but I don't like it. I think the sexy blue is the best color for the website. With a white background it makes the homepage look bland and cheap. And with the jet across the top, and then the gray coloring, it makes it look like the jet just polluted the whole atmosphere. Sorry, can't please everyone I guess. Just my two cents worth. The thread links on the homepage is cool though!

It's still a new design, and if any of you have ever designed a web site then you know it can be a real pain. I'm sure Doug will be doing some tweaking here and there.

The only recommendations I have would be to make the font color black, so there would be more contrast and therefore make it easier to read, and also rather than solid white all the way around use a background color for the area outside of the main part of the site, or even a simple background image. The Flash menu is a little complicated, too. I like how the content popped up in the old design. And I gotta say I miss the old logo...

For what it's worth though, I think Doug did a good job with the site, and in the end, it's the content that matters and I think we can all agree that there's no other site like this anywhere.

Change is good. I don't mind it. It's nifty. In celebration, I changed my forum skin color to dessert blue or something like that. Besides, who cares about the home page, we all end up in the forums anyway. I see it for two seconds - the time it takes me to click on the forums.

[ QUOTE ]
It's still a new design, and if any of you have ever designed a web site then you know it can be a real pain. I'm sure Doug will be doing some tweaking here and there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, changes are a nightmare because it's guaranteed that I spent the next six weeks tweaking stuff. Yow.

I'll tell you what I don't like: When someone starts a thread on a topic that is currently running in another thread.
mad.gif
This is the third thread on the Jetcareer's new look.

Actually, there's just something not right about the new page...the colors or font size. I trust that Doug will be fine tuning.

Specifically what about the font?

Also, on IE, go View > Text Size and tell me what the setting is.

Back