New Job

RPJ

After careful consideration of past and current pilots opinions, I accepted a job flying VFR PIC in a Caravan for Pacific Wings in Maui. Upon reaching IFR 135 minimums I will upgrade to IFR PIC. I start in Maui September 29th. I look forward to the new experience.

Awesome! Flying around HI sounds like a great time and the sights must be amazing.

Good luck and enjoy!

SIC's do that, not PIC. I will be payed a relatively good monthly salary.

Oh, I thought that all new hires are SIC. Oh well, why didn't you try for New Mexico airlines? Better than moving all the way to Hawaii. To be PIC VFR you need 500 hours right?

Awesome job dude! Congrats... it may only be a single.... but its turbine time... and it pays!
Too bad you didn't make it down this'a'way.... beers would have been on me!

Congrats again.....

congrats,

sounds like an awesome opportunity, definitely take pictures... lots of them :).

Good Luck and Have Fun.

Thanks everyone! :nana2:
All three flying jobs that I have ever had all came from JC. This place is a gold mine!

Oh, I thought that all new hires are SIC. Oh well, why didn't you try for New Mexico airlines? Better than moving all the way to Hawaii. To be PIC VFR you need 500 hours right?
New Mexico Airlines and Georgia Skies is only accepting IFR 135 Captains or SIC's. The VFR PIC position is only available in Maui at this time. I did complete the interview at KABQ though.

Yes, VFR PIC you need minumum of 500TT. You will fly 80-100hrs/month and be saleried. Two other Vision pilots and myself all got jobs with PW. One is IFR 135 Capt in ABQ, the other is a very low time guy that will be SIC in Georgia and myself VFR Capt in Maui. If you or anyone else that is interested PM me. I will give you all the details.

Awesome job dude! Congrats... it may only be a single.... but its turbine time... and it pays!
Too bad you didn't make it down this'a'way.... beers would have been on me!

Congrats again.....
Ben, thanks for hooking me up with the pipeline job. If I didn't get this unexpected call this morning I would be in Midland happily flying 300Agl drinking beers with ya! I will keep in touch man.

As a Sic guy you make $8 an hour and PIC you make $20 right? I thought I saw 34K a year for pic around here somewhere. That should be enough to pay for your expenses in Hawaii. Ah Georgian skies that cracks me up.

Congrats man. Gee who in their right mind would want to move to Hawaii to fly planes? That's gonna suck :sarcasm:;).
Lets do up a celebratory beer before you head off to Maui. I think we are doing a mini M&G in mid September with Hacker and some of the LAS peeps. We havent nailed down and exact date just yet.

Congrats! I think it does not get too much better flying in places like the Caribbean, Hawaii, Alaska, or even Central/South America if you are the adventure type!

RPJ, I heard about your interview and am looking forward to seeing you out here.

To clear some things up, Pacific Wings is based in Maui and has one operating certificate, but does business as Pacific Wings Airlines Limited (OGG), New Mexico Airlines (ABQ), and soon to open GeorgiaSkies (Athens, GA).

It seems on other sites that resumes are still being accepted for positions at all three facets of the opperation but from what I've heard from within, all positions have been filled.

First Officers make $9 an hour and have to do customer service on their non flying days (2 to 3 times weekly). They can get about 80 hours a month, while Captains make $35,000 a year salary, and fly 120 hours a month.

Expect to time out here every month, come with a positive attitude, and time building mentality - you'll do fine!

Congratulations! But why would you ever want to leave Nevada?! :sarcasm:
Enjoy Maui...OGG is my favorite

Hi everyone, I'm a pilot in Georgia with 670 TT, 100 Beech 1900, and meet VFR 135 min and only short TT on IFR min. Anyone know what the situation is for GeorgiaSkies. It looks like they are doing a few training flight in the Athens and Macon area, while still waiting on gate space at Hartsfield. I have sent in a resume, but have not hear anything as of yet. Any info that anyone may have would be greatly appreciated. Please leave info here for others too or email me through JC. Thanks for the help.

After careful consideration of past and current pilots opinions, I accepted a job flying VFR PIC in a Caravan for Pacific Wings in Maui. Upon reaching IFR 135 minimums I will upgrade to IFR PIC. I start in Maui September 29th. I look forward to the new experience.

Be advised, they will want you to work for free, I was out there just a few months ago and saw what PacWings did (mokulele's a little bit better, but I got the shaft I think)

Be advised, they will want you to work for free, I was out there just a few months ago and saw what PacWings did (mokulele's a little bit better, but I got the shaft I think)
What you are speaking of is for SIC's. PIC's are paid an annual salary. PM sent.

Back