New Job at Van Nuys FBO!

dpgtime

Was in the office of the FBO I am learning to fly with (Continental Flight Training and Service) on the west side of Van Nuys Airport and the owner, after we chatted for a while said.."Hey would you like to work here on the weekends"...I was like sure! I got nuttin better to do and hanging around the airport and planes all day is no Alcatraz to me! I'll be doing most everything that needs being done at the flight school.:rawk:

Congrats. I fly out of Hollywood Aviators but I'll have to come by and pay you a visit.

Thanks all! I'll stop by the line service forum and I hope to see you Mark. Hollywood Aviators is a cool place, I have rented a plane out of there to Catalina. Van Nuys was hopping today by the way! place was a mad house! took 35 minutes from receipt of clearance to official takeoff! There is no place like KVNY thats for sure. Took a cross country flight to Apple Valley...Victorville is like the Bermuda Triangle of the west with its wind shears...

Darren

How was the flight to Apple Valley? I've never been there. I wanted to head up there a couple weeks back but due to time constraints I ended up flying to SZP.

Apple Valley was nice. The people were great. It is like fox field however the wind is even more unpredictable...You get shears all the way through final and i had a headwind turn into a strong left crosswind on short final. The option for flight following in the area of Agua Dolce (as you probably know) is 50 / 50 because the mountains block Palmdale's artcc below 6,500 msl. I would suggest if you ever fly there forget contacting SOCAL APP and just wait till the 14 hits Palmdale to contact Joshua APP. Other wise it is a pretty uneventful flight.

I fly the Newhall pass, then follow the 14 till it goes over the mountain and into Palmdale..then i head for crystal airport and once over crystal I catch the radial straight into southern lagistics. once over southern lagistics you fly something like a 082 radial which takes you right over KAPV. It was a great route! keeps you clear of everything.

Happy Flying,
Darren

Back