New into AG Applicator/Aerial Applicator

cadbury

I have no tailwheel hours but I would like to switch a career into AG Application.

Can someone please give me a "step-by-step" guide of how to go into this field?

It should be as simple as going to your local spray outfit. They are really hurting for pilots.

Step one: Go talk to the nearest Ag operator. Talk to more than one if you can.
I went to the Ag operator who works the farms around my house. We talked for a while. He said to do something else, it's a tough business with very early start times and very long days.
He also said, "Ag aviation is going to be unmanned and automated in about ten years". I don't know if that's true or not, but he's convinced it is.
He also said the best way to get into it is to find an Ag operator who is retiring and selling his business. Buy his entire operation and make training part of the deal.

Last edited:
Either way, you should get a tailwheel endorsement. It's lots of fun and unlocks more doors, so to speak.

Step one: Go talk to the nearest Ag operator. Talk to more than one if you can.
I went to the Ag operator who works the farms around my house. We talked for a while. He said to do something else, it's a tough business with very early start times and very long days.
He also said, "Ag aviation is going to be unmanned and automated in about ten years". I don't know if that's true or not, but he's convinced it is.
He also said the best way to get into it is to find an Ag operator who is retiring and selling his business. Buy his entire operation and make training part of the deal.

Yamaha and several others already have heavy lift aerial application units in use.

They’re significantly more efficient as far as chemical use goes, work sunrise to sunset and don’t get sick. They can integrate crop counts, sprectral crop health and many other imaging tools.

AG application is completely going unmanned especially when they can get BLOVS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back