New guy here from FL

Phantom309

Adam here from Panama City, FL. Not real sure where to post introductions here so I'd thought I'd give it a shot here. I'm an air force vet, and work on an air force base. I love military aviation though. I work on the F-4's at Tyndall AFB, my primary job is ejection seat maintenance, but I also crew chief when I don't have seat maintenance to do.

I hope I can help out here as much as possible and shed some light on military aviation and aircraft maintenance. Look forward to talking to you all.

awesome, next time you come down it should be to decent weather, we're under clouds now, but they are saying it's supposed to clear out and cool off some

Phantom309 said:
awesome, next time you come down it should be to decent weather, we're under clouds now, but they are saying it's supposed to clear out and cool off some

I wish we actually got to stay there. I'm lucky to get a 30 minute turn there. Although I do like the nice weather you're talking about. I'm sick of shooting the NDB for 35 down to minimums there.

good gracious a 30 min turn and your back in the air flying again? Does the civilian sector have crew rest? I'm not a pilot I'm a mech but I've heard air force pilots speak of crew rest, i get you have to get so many hours of rest before you can fly again?

Phantom309 said:
good gracious a 30 min turn and your back in the air flying again? Does the civilian sector have crew rest? I'm not a pilot I'm a mech but I've heard air force pilots speak of crew rest, i get you have to get so many hours of rest before you can fly again?

We can be scheduled to fly up to 8 hours a day. Most of my stuff is 3 legs 4.5 hours a day, but there's a few 2 day trips with 5-7 legs, and 6-7 hours of flying. My overnights are decent this month with 23:45 in MCO and 17:30 in EYW. we're required 9 hours minimum, reducible to 8 if flying 8 hours or less a day.

Back