New guidelines on animals in airplanes

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Airline passengers who rely on cats, monkeys or other animals for emotional support may be able to bring the animals into a plane's seating compartment under revised federal guidelines.

Previously, cabin permission generally was given only for animals that helped people with physical disabilities, usually a blind person who needed a guide dog.

The airlines industry and advocates for the disabled asked the government to clarify and expand the definition of a "service animal," since more people now use other animals like cats or monkeys.

Transportation Department officials say these animals are used for a wider variety of functions, such as helping to pull wheelchairs or alerting a person with epilepsy that a seizure is imminent.

Other animals now can be taken aboard for emotional support. However, passengers who take advantage of this provision may be required to show proof from a doctor or psychologist that the animal is required to help with a mental health condition.

Each situation should be considered on a case-by-case basis, the department said in guidelines released Friday.

The revised guidelines also clarified that animals that pose a public risk would not be allowed in cabins, such as snakes, ferrets, rodents, spiders or Brittons.
-------------------------------------

Cool. I'm allowed to fly in the cabin now!

Iain, however, seems to be out of luck.

Har Har Har
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cool. I'm allowed to fly in the cabin now!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that crate got to be a bitch, huh?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Iain, however, seems to be out of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

As long as they have to pay for the additional seat & the animal is potty trained (will they need a note from the doctor for that as well?) and all asmathics(sp?) are informed, I suppose it's ok. But what about all of the animals in the cargo hold. I'm sure some of them could use some emotional support! And what about the passengers who are scared of monkeys & cats?!

Now I'm just waiting for the fatties to start causing problems again!

Just my opinion,

JR

[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm just waiting for the fatties to start causing problems again!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, No, No if we would jusk ask the "fatties" to move from one side of the cabin to the other or forward and aft we could increase the efficiency of turns and climbs/descents!

Of course if they didn't do it voluntarily we could just lure them to the correct position with pie and cake!
grin.gif

I know ... do not pass go, do not collect $200 proceed directly to hell.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that crate got to be a bitch, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean "got to be?"

Can someone change my newspaper, already!?

Monkey??? Emotional support???? What do you do???? Spank it......???????

Excuse me flight attendant... My monkey is acting up, can you spank it for me...........

Sorry, just couldn't resist

Ahh but what happens when two monkeys, from opposing tribes no less, are on the same plane and a cr@p flinging contest breaks out at FL370? Huh, what'cha gonna do then, huh? huh?

grin.gif

What happens when the monkey can't control his... ok nevermind, this is getting a little to dirty for this board!!!!! LOL ...ok well, I seriously don't want to have to smell cat pee on my flight or hear a dog bark, a parrot sqwuak or a cay meow just because Granny Jones has to bring Fluffy on the flight to keep her company...

I agree..... Didn't mean to direct this thread into an outlet for the perverted...

Small cats and dogs are ok with coordination with those who may have alergies and can be transported in a carry-on (airline approved). Last things crews need to deal with is a crazed cat or a biting dog in tha pax compartment. Not to be callouse but if you can't fly without fluffy, take the train.....

[ QUOTE ]
Ahh but what happens when two monkeys, from opposing tribes no less, are on the same plane and a cr@p flinging contest breaks out at FL370? Huh, what'cha gonna do then, huh? huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

scream "ebola" and pull all your hair out ahead of time????
grin.gif

I don't think i agree with bringing monkey's on the plane - it didn't help ross any with the girls did it? (friends.. duh!!) haha
wink.gif

but kitty kats and puppies always get the "awwwwww" principle!

I'm allergic to cats. :-\

I can just see myself a few years down the line in the front office of a 737 trying to shoot an ILS to minimums during a sneezing fit. Yeah, it'll be good times.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Having a monket would be awesome,...

[/ QUOTE ]
Fantastic you think so.... but Iain.... what's a "monket"???
grin.gif

"...touch my monkey..." "...touch him I say..." "...now is the time on Sprockets where we dance..."

He He He!

I was commuting on a DAL MD88 recently. There was dog in the baggage compartment who was not happy. He barked during loading. He barked during taxi. He barked during takeoff and he barked on the climbout. Eventually, I guess the lack of oxygen got to him at altitude and he went to sleep because he finally stopped barking. I know that he was ok though, because he woke up on landing and barked all the way to the gate.

Back