New Forum Topic: "You're the Captain"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Forum Topic: \"You\'re the Captain\"

Well to be very techinal I never said names it may have been implied but I never actually came out and said anyones name per se.

Secondly I am who you see in this forum in real life. I don't hide behind the annonimity of a computer screen.

Furthermore in Kristies (Ms. Jetcareers) new "avatar" she really looks hot love the long straight golden blonde hair gurrrrl work it....lol. Doug you scooped a hot one.

Can't wait to hear the crap that that comment brings hmmmm prolly none....

Lastly I like the new forum topic Doug.

Everett

Okie doke, just checking!

I've been a little antsy on the 'moderator'-meter these past few days.

I know, my bad. I had gotten back up to change my post and it had already entered the fray.

I thought it was funny myself, but I had a little anxiety over my cadre of users that love to verbally wrestle and that it would have been a little fodder for such.

[ QUOTE ]
alas, I suppose that there will always be a double standard

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagle started that one.

It's OK.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

comments like those ought to be kept to yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, man...I love it!!!! Everybody beat me to the punch!!!!

My, my, how the double standard shines!!!!

I was like "hahahaha! Aww!" but then I thought, "Holy smokes, I'm going to wake up tomorrow to the mother of all flame wars...whattodo?! whattodo?!"

But anyway, about the new forum topic...

[ QUOTE ]
comments like those ought to be kept to yourself

Now i know you wouldn't say that to him face to face, so why do you say it on the message board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure Everett wouldn't say it in person? I have had things said to me by gay coworkers and clients that were borderline sexual harassment -- no, forget the borderline part, they could have gotten in a lot of trouble if I wanted to make a stink about it. I figure these guys were pretty typical of gay men, so I'm pretty sure that Everett would have no problem saying what he said in person.

Besides, we're talking in the Vegas thread about staring at girls dancing on the bar and strip clubs!

I don't really have a problem with it (I have a couple of gay friends who do the same sort of thing- sometimes its funny, sometimes its annoying). However, I do think maybe GP could maybe ease off just a bit out of respect for Doug (so he does not have to referee un-necessary flame wars). Its unfortunate that homosexuality starts flame wars, and talking bar-dancing women doesn't, but thats the way it is. Just my $.02...

nah - personally, i dont think he needs to tone it down cuz that's "who" he is.. and why should he have to change for anyone when nobody else feels the need to do the same thing?! some of my greatest friends have been gay and i've never had a problem with it.. just like some of my old college buddies are jewish whereas i'm german (i'd even been invited to hanukkah celebration before which was pretty interesting!)...to each their own right?!

thing is - if your happy with yourself and who you are, then who cares about everyone else?! we are who we are and even if there are kiddo's watching/lurking, it's not a bad thing to learn that each person is different in some way... I had to learn that when i was dating doug - cuz if it was up to the floridians gawking, staring and making rude remarks - we wouldn't be where we are...if your offended by who they are, what they act like, things they say etc - and you have nothing good to add or say about it - then don't say anything at all or take it outside the forums and clear it up yourself...

some things are still the "norm" whereas other things take a little more time to become part of the "norm"...

Good point. But the way I see it, he is no different from the squawk box gang, or the panam guys who are always getting asked to not start flame wars. That might be "who they are" too, but they are asked to refrain from it. Why should GP be any exception? All I'm saying is, in the interest of fewer flame wars, maybe he could voluntarily cool it a little since he knows full well that when he types something like that, people are bound to get their panties in a knot. Just two more of my cents...I'll leave it at that.
smile.gif

What he says doesn't bother me. I just think it is inappropriate. I wouldn't call any of the women on here pretty in a post. Just doesn't seem to be the place.

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. But the way I see it, he is no different from the squawk box gang, or the panam guys who are always getting asked to not start flame wars. That might be "who they are" too, but they are asked to refrain from it. Why should GP be any exception? All I'm saying is, in the interest of fewer flame wars, maybe he could voluntarily cool it a little since he knows full well that when he types something like that, people are bound to get their panties in a knot. Just two more of my cents...I'll leave it at that.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD WORD!!
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] So are the guys that are posting pics of girls to drool on also being asked to stop in order to help prevent flame wars? Or is it just gay comments, politics, and religion that's off limits now?

I didn't say they were right either. I think plastering pictures of the [underage] Olsen twins up is inappropriate as well, but thats just me. Find a post where I put up a picture of anyone and I will gladly eat my words, because you can't. And by the way, it was my OPINION that I gave, so chill. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Opinions are like a$$holes- everyone has one, but the only one that matters is your own.
tongue.gif

Hey, ditto on the chill. Just making a little point, the same one other people are trying to make. My OPINION regarding your post was that you have to be consistant on what is deemed inapporopriate. And saying "if you don't like, don't read it" is a little silly since no one can know what something says and how they feel about it, until they HAVE already read it.

I think everyone needs to not get worked up by it. I thought it was hilarious. I think it's each person's individual personality that squeeks through each post that gives this forum such variety. Even if he was referring to me, I'd laugh and take it as a compliment. Wouldn't be the first time a gay man has given me such compliments. But I guess I'm really liberal in my thinking, so lots of things don't bother me... besides stupid people.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I friend I knew realized he had an alcohol problem a few years back when he took to going to gay bars when he was low on money figuring he could have all my drinks bought for him...

I thought that was funny!

Wow, I figure I need to be a little less subtle in my hints next time. Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back