New Form 8500-8 Series GG

My Flight Surgeon

Sr. Aviation Medical Examiner
The new Series GG of Form 8500-8 has been released. The changes include:

The Form will require airman to report not only “Convictions” for felonies
or misdemeanors, but now will include a requirement to report any “Arrests” for similar offenses

Signing the application will authorize the FAA to access any government disability databases (Social Security Administration, state, military, federal, etc.) for any disability claims made by airmen.

Question 18y: Medical disability benefits.

Keep these in mind when completing the new GG series of Form 8500-8.:)

The new Series GG of Form 8500-8 has been released. The changes include:

The Form will require airman to report not only “Convictions” for felonies
or misdemeanors, but now will include a requirement to report any “Arrests” for similar offenses.

Because the standing policy at the FAA is "guilty until proven guilty". :rolleyes:

You been arrested for speeding? Taken to the jail, by way of the back of a police officers car?

Then yes.

If you've simply, like 55% of the American population, been caught speeding, and written a citation, and not hand-cuffed. . .no.

At least that's how I read it.

But once again, making MD's Lawyers in the eyes of the FAA. :banghead:

In many cases you are considered "arrested" when the officer gives you a speeding ticket. However most speeding tickets are NOT misdeamenors(sp) but civil infractions of some sort.

Interesting. . .such a scam.

Going to need to call ALPA legal/Aeromedical tomorrow considering I did receive a speeding ticket a number of months ago. Mother's Day shopping of all days, and SIC Type ride that night. Never fails, seems that's the day I do 65 in a 45, when I thought it was a 55.

Muh. . .now I know for sure that specific road is 45 though, lesson learned. ;) Phone call to be made nevertheless.

Back