new fines for nail files

shooter13

story

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON — Anyone trying to sneak a knife onto an airplane could be fined $250 and a passenger with an explosive could get as much as $10,000 under new guidelines.

Thousands of airline passengers board planes every year carrying banned items such as cuticle scissors, box cutters and guns.

Tom Blank, assistant administrator for transportation security policy, testified before Congress last week that the Transportation Security Administration (search) has intercepted more than 1,650 firearms, more than 3 million knives and more than 57,000 incendiary devices since shortly after the terrorist hijackings on Sept. 11, 2001.

"Fines may help awaken a sleeping population here," said David Stempler, president of the Air Travelers Association (search).

"We have too many examples of people inadvertently bringing a gun in their carry-on."

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it seem absurd that people are worried about the gun brought on board accidently? I am much more concerned with the gun that was brought on board on purpose. Maybe I am missing something here.

That kind of reminds me of a story in Daytona Beach where a guy was arrested for setting off pipe bombs in a field. No one ever asked why he had them. I would be more concerned about why he was setting them off.. what was he planning? He got off with not much more than a slap on the wrist. Scary.

Whoever wrote the article about the TSA should read the TSA's web page on banned items. Cuticle cutters are allowed.

http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/Permitted_Prohibited_12_18_2003.pdf

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me how a nailclipper is dangerous without the nail flie attached to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I always cut myself.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me how a nailclipper is dangerous without the nail flie attached to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I always cut myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrorists will take over a plane by cutting the pilot's nails?

"Take this plane to Syria or I swear to Allah I'll give you a manicure!! I'M NOT JOKING!"

Back