New company name for FlightSafetyBoeing

mpenguin1

Well FlightSafetyBoeing has a new name, a weird name, but a name.

Alteon Selected as New Name for FlightSafetyBoeing
Monday February 10, 4:34 pm ET

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030210/sfm121_1.html

SEATTLE, Feb. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA - News) today announced that it has selected a new name -- Alteon -- for its aviation training subsidiary, currently known as FlightSafety Boeing Training International (FSB).

Pat Gaines, president of FSB, said Alteon is a dynamic name for the company, as it personifies what the aviation training organization is all about.

"The name exemplifies the altitude we aim for as we soar to new heights, and the endless opportunities as we move forward into the new era of aviation training," Gaines said. "Alteon will continue to provide total training solutions that are cost effective to support airline operators world-wide."

Following a transition period, Alteon will become the official name for FSB later in the year.

FSB was originally a joint venture formed between Boeing and FlightSafety International (FSI) in 1997. In October 2002, the company became a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company, when Boeing acquired all of FSI's interest in FlightSafetyBoeing.

FSB became the world's first truly global training company responsible for flight training and maintenance in the 100-seat-and-above range of aircraft. Today, it has over 800 employees in 21 locations worldwide, 72 full-flight simulators, plus numerous fixed-base and maintenance training simulators.

The organization will continue to report to Commercial Aviation Services, which offers the industry's broadest selection of aviation support products and services. Commercial Aviation Services is a unit of Boeing Commercial Airplanes.

For more information on FlightSafetyBoeing, visit the Web site at www.fsbti.com.

[ QUOTE ]
"The name exemplifies the altitude we aim for as we soar to new heights, and the endless opportunities as we move forward into the new era of aviation training," Gaines said. "Alteon will continue to provide total training solutions that are cost effective to support airline operators world-wide."

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, what?

He's saying that umm, well, errr. Well ya know!

Training solution exemplification and stuff.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, PR Speak at it's finest. Use as many words as you possibly can to say the least you possibly can.

The saddest thing, however, is they have no concept of how silly this stuff really is - well, either that, or how easily the general public buys this cr@p.
shocked.gif

Well, it could be worse, you can actually work for this company, oh, that would be me!

Don't worry, if ya see me in the bar, I will still say that I work for Boeing...

Back