New color scheme unveiled for Air Force One

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!

Is it just me???

1678492349038.png

Old Scheme
1678492500668.png

I think the classic paint job looks fine. Have you seen other state aircraft? Because I have seen them all and none of them have the "hey, look at me, I am important" theme like the paint job 45 picked out. Most of them are even more plain than this. It should look stately, like a flying motorcade, not a flying billboard.

The new one was kind of dumb, but really not all that bad. The old (new) one is better. Phew. Who wants tacos?

Trumps wouldn’t have been so bad if it didn’t so closely resemble his bankrupt airlines livery, although I still don’t think it was a good State livery,

Trumps wouldn’t have been so bad if it didn’t so closely resemble his bankrupt airlines livery, although I still don’t think it was a good State livery,
I mean sure I don't want to be reminded of the Orange One, either, and obviously it smacks of his infantile narcissism. But like as an objective paint job, it's just kind of ok. Obviously, I prefer the scheme we will now have for aesthetic reasons, but more importantly for the message it sends about continuity of purpose, sensibility, etc.

It was between this, or Spirit yellow paint job, except for the polished bare metal areas.

[spirit used to have the sharpest paintjob, with the gunmetal grey and black shaded livery]]

The engine nacelles are still wrong. They should be the lighter blue, not the darker one.

It is legit A Thing that carbon fiber nacelles for the GEnx are permited to be only white or light gray because the material is apparently sensitve to heat.

The engine nacelles are still wrong. They should be the lighter blue, not the darker one.

It is legit A Thing that carbon fiber nacelles for the GEnx are permited to be only white or light gray because the material is apparently sensitve to heat.
"While accounting for the VC-25B's larger 747-8i aircraft, the VC-25B livery has three primary differences with the VC-25A’s livery. The light blue on VC-25B is a slightly deeper, more modern tone than VC-25A's robin's egg blue," according to the Air Force's press release. "Additionally, the VC-25B engines will use the darker blue from the cockpit area vice the VC-25A’s robin’s egg blue. Finally, there is no polished metal section on the VC-25B because modern commercial aircraft skin alloys don't allow for it."

lol, I remembered ex-y'all shortly after. Maybe I'm talking out my ass, or maybe that's only the GEnx-1Bs on the 787? But there's Vietnam Airlines that's not gray.

Attachments

• 4AF9851B-CAD5-4D58-943C-CE19D02B2870.jpeg
    4AF9851B-CAD5-4D58-943C-CE19D02B2870.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 13
Yep, looks my info is old and about airflow, and not specific to an engine type, and Boeing backed-off a long time ago.

British Airways' first Boeing 787-8 has emerged from the airframer's paint facility with its engine nacelles painted in the carrier's traditional blue scheme.

The colours mark a departure from the white nacelles which have featured on virtually all 787s delivered so far, a restriction which had resulted from laminar flow considerations.

BA's 787s are being fitted with Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines. The carrier's original publicity material had shown the aircraft with white nacelles.

But Boeing says it is evaluating customer requests to paint the nacelles on a "case by case basis".

"We need to evaluate each custom colour request because different colours may require different thicknesses to achieve the desired appearance," the airframer says.

"We need to ensure that the thickness required does not exceed the design tolerance."

British Airways' first 787 has been photographed at the Seattle production facility with blue nacelles, in contrast to the initial artistic impressions but in keeping with the scheme on the rest of its fleet.

Boeing says that specific discussions with its customers regarding the colours are "considered confidential".

The paint is crucial to the aircraft's economics because laminar flow reduces skin friction drag, and cuts fuel burn, but it requires a smooth surface with minimal boundary disruption.

Even the thickness of paint layers can interrupt the laminar flow between the engine inlet and the surface of the nacelle.

Qatar Airways' 787s have been painted pale grey, while other carriers have retained the white nacelles.

BA has ordered 42 787s of which the first 24 comprise eight 787-8s and 16 787-9s. The carrier is awaiting notification of delivery dates for the type.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

Back