New CFI- Where to instruct?

osugrad85

Hey all,

A little about me... I currently live in Cincinnati, OH, and have a Bachelor's degree in Aviation. I have about 270 total hours currently and my ultimate goal is to fly corporate. Anyway, after stepping away from flying for a couple years, I decided to get my CFI. Now the questions is, where to instruct?. I would like to try to flight instruct full time though I do work full time for an air cargo company at night. It seems as if the only good flight school around Cincinnati is Sporty's but I hear they like to hire from within. I would like to do part 141 as this is the way I earned my certs. Can anyone recommend a good flight school around Cincinnati or give me some input on any flight schools? Another option I am looking at is to instruct down in Dallas, TX. Can anyone recommend a good flight school to instruct in Dallas? Thanks for your input in advance.

There are like 4,354 flight schools in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Gotta narrow it down. :)

I believe TSTC @ KCNW is hiring CFIs. It's not Dallas, 100 miles south, but it is a 141 school

Arizona has TransPac, which you'll fly 100+hrs/month, and if you have your MEI you'll get just as much multi time as single-engine time. You'll also be tanner than Snooki, hotter than hell, hungrier than a poor man in a dumpster, and be working 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. Same thing for Hillsboro Aviaition in Oregon. Hope you like snuggling up next to other CFI's because you'll be more than likely splitting rent with 2-5 others, and eating Top Ramen like it's your 2nd job. Being a CFI isn't exactly like what I just said lol. It's a lot of fun, but if you can live AT HOME and work, DO IT!!! Absolutely do it. Save as much as possible, work a lot, build experience, and move on. Good luck.

I am in a similar situation and I started to apply for aviation academies in florida I start standz on friday

The only part 141 programs I'm aware of in your area are Air Center 1 at KLOU and Eastern Kentucky University down in Richmond, KY. Have you looked at instructing at OSU or in Dayton?

The only part 141 programs I'm aware of in your area are Air Center 1 at KLOU and Eastern Kentucky University down in Richmond, KY. Have you looked at instructing at OSU or in Dayton?
EKU is a farther drive than I would like and so is Columbus. I would prefer to stay around Cincinnati. There are a couple places hiring in Dayton, however. I am going to take a job there as it is about a 45 minute drive for me. Thanks for your response!

Back