New CFI questions for ERAU instructor

**DONOTDELETE**

If there are any ERAU instructors out there would you mind filling me in on a few details? I am a CFII who passed all the interviews and tests today to instruct there.I was very impressed with everyone I met and that 172 I flew was by far the nicest airplane I have ever flown. Wow!!

I was told to come back on July 30 for the Standards class. Can you give me any info on it? All I know is that it is 3 weeks long and that there may be some tests. The HR people did not know how to answer my questions.

How do I get my MEI as an instructor there? I hope..

Is CATER a better option and are they hiring?

smile.gif

Hi Captain,
I'll answer your questions below.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain:
If there are any ERAU instructors out there would you mind filling me in on a few details? I am a CFII who passed all the interviews and tests today to instruct there.I was very impressed with everyone I met and that 172 I flew was by far the nicest airplane I have ever flown. Wow!!

I was told to come back on July 30 for the Standards class. Can you give me any info on it? All I know is that it is 3 weeks long and that there may be some tests. The HR people did not know how to answer my questions.

I can tell you anything you need to know about the class, but it's pretty simple. They just cover everything you need to know to work at Riddle. This includes SOP's, Standardization, paperwork, Flight Ops Manual, etc. There's a written test at the end of the class, but it's not too tough. Either during or after the class, you should start your flight standardization with an instructor.

How do I get my MEI as an instructor there? I hope..

You can do it part 141 or 61 from what I hear. I would do it 61, because you only need 5 hours in type. The 141 requires about 15 hours I think.

Is CATER a better option and are they hiring?

I'm not sure if CATER is hiring or if they are a better option. I really haven't talked to anyone out there lately. I do know that Daytona is backed up right now with too many instructors and not enough students, but that will change in the fall. Let me know if you have any other questions. See ya...
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back