New CFI/CFII 300 hrs, looking for anything anywhere

Theres a bunch of instruction gigs popping up now in the JA forum that some of the higher time instructors are getting picked up by Colgan, AE, etc. Nearest one this area is FIT which is in Melbourne... but you said anything anywhere right? :D

Yeah i have noticed that as well.

Theres a bunch of instruction gigs popping up now in the JA forum that some of the higher time instructors are getting picked up by Colgan, AE, etc. Nearest one this area is FIT which is in Melbourne... but you said anything anywhere right? :D
Yup, applied!! Thanks.

Hope I get it (or something worth having). I wasn't looking at the market earlier, but from what I hear its picking up. That makes me wonder how crappy it must have been just a while ago.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help and a little update. I was offered a position at FIT over the weekend (on the phone). Haven't received anything yet so while I am holding my breath for the moment hopefully everything will be fine.

OMG! Be careful what you wish for! I remember replying to you, but now you'd have to put up with me being (sorta) in your neck of the woods :D.

I am hoping everything goes fine. It sounds really great especially for a first job, and I have a lot of people on this forum to thank for it. So thank you!

I got it from American Flyers in Florida and they are dead at the moment. I have left my resume with them since they said Houston location might have something, but I am not holding my breath. The other place in Seattle where I got my Commercial isn't hiring and the place in MD closed a while back.

I am on to those places but its not looking very hopeful and I am trying everything possible.

Keep bugging them. (Flyers) Call the other schools too. I know the ADS location just hired a few. Hang in there.

Good Luck guys! There also hiring at Aerial Banners at HWO and they'll hire you minimum time as long as your stick and rudder skills are on the up and up...

how recent did they hire new instructors at ADS? I wonder if they are still looking for more. i update them with my resume about once a month

Keep bugging them. (Flyers) Call the other schools too. I know the ADS location just hired a few. Hang in there.

Yeah, that's what I hear. They have my resume and unless this other gig I have found doesn't pan out (haven't heard from HR since being offered the position over the phone), I'll be bugging a lot of people :D.

But hopefully it won't come to that.

As for American Flyers, I have heard from another guy who is planning to take their CFI course being told from NJ location that they are looking, while I have been told (as a graduate from CFI course) that they don't have vacancy. Go figure...

To be honest I kinda don't hold it against them (though the two different versions is shady), its obvious that in these times a place that churns out CFI at this rate can't possibly offer much to most of those guys.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help and a little update. I was offered a position at FIT over the weekend (on the phone). Haven't received anything yet so while I am holding my breath for the moment hopefully everything will be fine.

OMG! Be careful what you wish for! I remember replying to you, but now you'd have to put up with me being (sorta) in your neck of the woods :D.

I am hoping everything goes fine. It sounds really great especially for a first job, and I have a lot of people on this forum to thank for it. So thank you!

Haha I'm not worried, I'm trying to move on from instructing anyways... I got the TT and turboprop time these days so all I need is multi... that way I can move on and make room for you FNGs!

A little serious advice though, be careful if you venture south of Palm Beach County, its pretty much the Banana Republic down here, both flying in the air and driving. I always keep enough cash handy so that if I had to abandon everything and drive, airline, or god forbid hitchhike back home (up in the NE) I could just walk away at any moment. I think were due for another Cat 5 hurricane or riot in Overtown...

Good Luck

Haha I'm not worried, I'm trying to move on from instructing anyways... I got the TT and turboprop time these days so all I need is multi... that way I can move on and make room for you FNGs!

A little serious advice though, be careful if you venture south of Palm Beach County, its pretty much the Banana Republic down here, both flying in the air and driving. I always keep enough cash handy so that if I had to abandon everything and drive, airline, or god forbid hitchhike back home (up in the NE) I could just walk away at any moment. I think were due for another Cat 5 hurricane or riot in Overtown...

Good Luck

Thanks and best of luck to you too. Rack up that multi time and vacate the regionals for us soon as well. Move on to the big ones, hurry! :D

I will be treading carefully anywhere in Florida. If I had my way Florida would have been among the last on my list of places to go, but I am not complaining. Under the circumstances, I would have happily settled for far less to be honest.

Back