New CFI/CFII 300 hrs, looking for anything anywhere

bravo45

Browsed through other threads, but didn't just wanna steal information posted for others and to get some custom advice. So I thought I should put myself out there.

I just got my CFI/CFII SEL (298.3 hrs to be exact) about a week ago, I might be able to sign and get my multi if it would help (be it from the prospective employer).

I agree with the idea of not working for nothing, but of course I am a realist as to what I can get at this point. Anyway I am in Virginia currently but I doubt there is much out here for someone with much more experience than mine. Got some flying done in Maryland, Seattle and got my CFI in Florida, I am trying to get in touch with as many of those people I know as I can. Guess the first job will be the hardest to land on, so I am willing to move anywhere.

I want to start with anything, instruction, banner towing/traffic watch etc, just about anything flying related.

I got it from American Flyers in Florida and they are dead at the moment. I have left my resume with them since they said Houston location might have something, but I am not holding my breath. The other place in Seattle where I got my Commercial isn't hiring and the place in MD closed a while back.

I am on to those places but its not looking very hopeful and I am trying everything possible.

... the place in MD closed a while back. .

Which place in MD? Only reason I asked is I used to live in the Gaithersburg area...

Welcome to the job hunt! Hope you find something (i am in the same boat as you along with a good chunk of this forum it seems...)

Which place in MD? Only reason I asked is I used to live in the Gaithersburg area...

Welcome to the job hunt! Hope you find something (i am in the same boat as you along with a good chunk of this forum it seems...)

It was Eagle Air on Hagerstown Regional, KHGR. They were owned by the FBO Rider Jet Center which is still operating. It was very nice small school.

Thanks, good luck to you too. I am trying everything but I have to give it up to this place, this forum is better than most if not all paid services.

I did go to Pompano Beach, check your PM for some details.

It was Eagle Air on Hagerstown Regional, KHGR. They were owned by the FBO Rider Jet Center which is still operating. It was very nice small school.

Sry to thread hijack, but I used to fly out of FDK when I hung out at my parents house for a semester. Flew into HGR a couple of times...Why did you go all the way to HGR from woodbridge? that seems like a hefty commute...

Sry to thread hijack, but I used to fly out of FDK when I hung out at my parents house for a semester. Flew into HGR a couple of times...Why did you go all the way to HGR from woodbridge? that seems like a hefty commute...

I actually moved into the apartments on the field. They were the only ones in the area advertising accelerated courses. I wanted to stay close to home, to be able to visit often. It would have been great to cut loose and go to the cheapest place, but under the circumstances I had the best time of my life there. Nice looking picturesque quite surroundings and all day flying. You can't beat that!!

To the OP: Did you try the flight school at HWY? Have you checked with the Pictometry vendors such as Landcare and DWAS?

Looking at HWY right now. I have already sent my resume to Landcare (not sure if they'll touch me with less then 500 hrs), wats DWAS? Desert Winds? I can't find anything about them (website etc).

P.S I searched Desert Winds with DWAS, looks like that is it (got another old thread from this forum), but still no website.

Hey bro I had a quick question for ya ... I was looking to do my cfi/cfii at AF in pompano beach in the next couple months. If you could tell me how your experience was and how much you spent and how long ??. I know they say 30 days and 4,999.... thanks bro .. good luck man hope you can find something..

Hey bro I had a quick question for ya ... I was looking to do my cfi/cfii at AF in pompano beach in the next couple months. If you could tell me how your experience was and how much you spent and how long ??. I know they say 30 days and 4,999.... thanks bro .. good luck man hope you can find something..

I am going to Pompano for my CFI September 8th. It will be under 61 so the cost is 2995.

I am going to Pompano for my CFI September 8th. It will be under 61 so the cost is 2995.

Is that the cost just for the CFI or CFI /CFII. If thats the case I would want to join that september 8 class . So whats the, 4,999 is that under 141 ?? thanks for the heads up

Check your pm my friend.

Theres a bunch of instruction gigs popping up now in the JA forum that some of the higher time instructors are getting picked up by Colgan, AE, etc. Nearest one this area is FIT which is in Melbourne... but you said anything anywhere right? :D

Theres a bunch of instruction gigs popping up now in the JA forum that some of the higher time instructors are getting picked up by Colgan, AE, etc. Nearest one this area is FIT which is in Melbourne... but you said anything anywhere right? :D

What is a JA Forum? :confused:

Is that the cost just for the CFI or CFI /CFII. If thats the case I would want to join that september 8 class . So whats the, 4,999 is that under 141 ?? thanks for the heads up

$2,995 is for 30 day CFII - CFI. The cost includes the following:

120 hour ground school
40 hour simulator
10 hour flight time with instructor.

The cost does not include the following:

DE Examiner fee. $400- $600
Additional time flown will be $160/HR including instructor
Books - All of them.
American Flyer Syllabus - 4 x $80. I was lucky enought to buy them from some one here who attended Pompano Beach. He just charged me for shipping.
Cost of FAA written Test - 5 tests. $150 each.
Lodging.
Food.
Transportation.

Remember you will have to bust your ass to get done with in 30 days. It may exceed 30. I have my return ticket booked for 40 days. It will be nice if you join. I am expecting my budget to be $5000 all set and done. Lets hope it remains that way. :cool:

Back