New ATP written question

JordanD

Chinese Food Enthusiast
I'm having a tough time tracking down an answer, but how long will you have between taking the written and taking the practical for the ATP with the new requirements going into effect next year? I'm debating trying to get the written knocked out but I don't want to waste my time if it won't count because it wasn't under the new rules and I don't have the checkride done by August.

If you take the written before August 1, 2014, you have two years to complete the practical without having to do the ATP Certification Training Program (CTP).

From what I understand, if you take the written before the date the changes take effect, the old rules apply, 2 years from the date of the test unless you are at a 121/135 company you can use an expired test. After that I believe the game changes.

You have two years to complete the ATP practical test after having completed the written. The new requirements for ATP written do not start until Aug 1 2014 so in theory, you could take the written July 31st, 2014 and then you have until July 31st, 2016 to complete the ATP practical test.

Back