New approach-end sign? ROFL

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
I cam up initial for landing today at DMs Runway 12. On downwind at the 180 point, I began my base to final turn. Just outside the fenceline on the approach for 12 is Golf Links Road. It has a freeway-style overpass and cloverleaf. On the inside of the cloverleaf, there was a sign that read:

A-10 + DU = WAR CRIME!; and the sign was flanked by two skull/crossbones.

ROFL.

That is totally ridiculous. About two weeks ago in my local town newspaper a women wrote a long article about how the U.S. in engaging in nuclear war in Iraq because we used DU rounds. Thankfully someone had the guts to stand up to her crazy ideas, and wrote a very well written scientifically sound letter back, explaining that this woman was nuts and totally wrong. What can I say? People are crazy! Living in the People Republic of Massachusetts one has to deal with this sort of thinking all the time.

-Alex

Did you fill the sign with a few slugs as tribute?
smirk.gif

When me and skibum went to the peace ralley in D.C. last January I think the thing I got the most mad at wasn't the Bush administration or their march to war; it was all these peace-nics with this DU bull. It occured to me really quickly none of them had taken a chem class before, and if they did they must not have paid very close attention because they didn't understand the idea at all. I wanted to walk up to them and let them know that their hot dog was probably more radioactive than DU rounds are. Who woulda thought that U238 and U239 are completly different things, I mean it's only one number difference right right? Idiots.

I'm all for peace, but man some of the people behind it can be stupid.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I've heard of this, but I really have no knowledge about it... Why do they use DU in the first place?

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard of this, but I really have no knowledge about it... Why do they use DU in the first place?

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Burns hot combined with the kinetic energy allowing it to literally melt through armor (on vehicles).

Back