New Alaska logojet is here

SarahGun.jpg

I thought that Alaska was gonna use this pic as their, "LogoJet". :buck::rolleyes: Hmmm, I must be listening to the wrong ppl in the industry........:hiya:

I wonder how much in US tax dollars Ted Stevens secured to paint this plane? (ala the "Salmon-Thirty-Salmon")

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1147852 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1147852 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid">Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Area 5150
SarahGun.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Thats hot!

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
user_offline.gif

:yeahthat:
And she can shoot straight.:bandit:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I wonder how much in US tax dollars Ted Stevens secured to paint this plane? (ala the "Salmon-Thirty-Salmon")

Aren't the prosecutors in the Ted Stevens case now being criminally investigated for malfeasance? I think some of them are going to go to prison, while Senator Stevens is not.

Really? That sounds about right, though.

On April 1, 2009, NPR’s Nina Totenberg, citing sources close to the case, reported that Attorney General Eric Holder decided to drop the government’s opposition to the motion for a new trial and will dismiss the indictment. Holder was reportedly very angry at the prosecutors’ apparent withholding of exculpatory evidence, and wanted to send a message that prosecutorial misconduct would not be tolerated under his watch. After the prosecutors had been held in contempt, Holder replaced the entire trial team, including top officials at the public integrity section. However, Totenberg reported, the misconduct, Stevens’ age, and the fact he was no longer in office prompted him to drop all charges against Stevens--effectively vacating the guilty verdict.[3]The Associated Press subsequently confirmed NPR’s report.[98]
The final straw for Holder, according to numerous reports, was the discovery of a previously undocumented interview with Bill Allen, the prosecution's star witness. Allen stated that the fair-market value of the repairs to Stevens' house was around $80,000--far less than the $250,000 he said it cost at trial. More seriously, Allen said in the interview that he didn't recall talking to Bob Persons, a friend of Stevens, regarding the repair bill for Stevens' House. This directly contradicted Allen's testimony at trial, in which he claimed Stevens asked him to give Persons a note Stevens sent him asking for a bill on the repair work. At trial, Allen said Persons had told him the note shouldn't be taken seriously because "Ted's just covering his ass". Even without the notes, Stevens' attorneys claimed that they thought Allen was lying about the conversation. [99]
Later that day, Stevens' attorney, Brendan Sullivan, said that Holder's decision was forced by "extraordinary evidence of government corruption." He also said that prosecutors not only withheld evidence, but "created false testimony that they gave us and actually presented false testimony in the courtroom"--two incidents that would have made it very likely that the convictions would have been overturned on appeal.[100]
On April 7th, 2009, federal judge Emmet G. Sullivan formally tossed out Stevens' conviction, based on what he called the worst case of prosecutorial misconduct he'd ever seen. He also initiated a criminal contempt investigation of six members of the prosecution, saying he was not willing to trust the Justice Department's own probe due to the "shocking and disturbing" nature of the misconduct. [101].

Back