New... a little lost.

WannaGo

So I have been reading the forum for the past week or so. I am a little lost on how the whole process goes.
I am military and plan on getting out and becoming an ATC (hopefully).
Every1 is waiting for the next PUBNAT to come out.. on the ASAP website though it says thats its open to all to apply.. is this just to be able to take the test?
After the test do I apply to the next PUBNAT.. sorry I am so lost I don't even know where to start..

Thanks for the help

All I see are announcements for..

RMC - Retired Military Controller (I think that's correct)
CTO - Certified Tower Operator
CTI - Collegiate Training Initiative (people that went to college for ATC)
VRA - Vets with 52 consecutive weeks of military controller experience

So essentially, although these announcement are open to the public, they all require some form of experience / training in ATC.

I can't tell from your post if you fall into VRA or RMC.

lady from AMC @ Chicago pepc said there's probably only going to be 1 pubnat for fy 09. couldn't say when tho.

From what I'm reading on the VRA (http://www.cpol.army.mil/library/permiss/6338.html) it seems to be stating that veterans who served on active in the Armed Forces during a war declared by Congress are eligible. Also, Veterans separated from active duty within the past 3 years. There is no minimum service requirement, but the individual must have served on active duty, not active duty for training.

So I'd assume I would apply under the VRA...?

From what I'm reading on the VRA (http://www.cpol.army.mil/library/permiss/6338.html) it seems to be stating that veterans who served on active in the Armed Forces during a war declared by Congress are eligible. Also, Veterans separated from active duty within the past 3 years. There is no minimum service requirement, but the individual must have served on active duty, not active duty for training.

So I'd assume I would apply under the VRA...?
No. The VRA announcement is only for prior controllers. It says that right in the announcement. "Applicants must possess 52 consecutive weeks of air traffic control experience in a military or civilian air traffic control facility..."

No. The VRA announcement is only for prior controllers. It says that right in the announcement. "Applicants must possess 52 consecutive weeks of air traffic control experience in a military or civilian air traffic control facility..."

Apparently I stutter. :sarcasm:

Back