New 7E7 Picture

Hopefully the new noise fixed the noise problem. The 727/737-800's have an ear-splitting noise level in the cockpit where a lot of pilots wear those electronic noise cancelling headsets for their own sanity.

But ahh, the MD-88 is whisper quiet in the cockpit. So quiet that when you think "Damn, Skipper, that landing sucked", he'll verbally respond, "Huh? Don't think so loud boy!"

Doug- why would the 737-800's have so much noise in the cockpits? I flew on one last month, and thought It was one of the most quiet planes ive been on.

Something about the way the two front windows intersect creates a lot of wind noise in the cockpit.

It's not so bad on the 737-200 because it hi speed cruises at .74-.75 (downhill!), but the 737-800 can do .80/.81 (I've heard) so since it has the same nose as the louder-than-sin 727 and flies at the same speed, oww!

Looks nice!! Would have been better if Boeing decided to redesign the 747 to compete with the Airbus A380 instead of the 7E7.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Boeing is looking for help in naming the 7E7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm.... how about "787"....

Of course, Boeing can only go so far with that. After 797, will there be a 7107? Airbus still has time for the A350, A360, A370, and A390, but what next? A400?

[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm.... how about "787"....

Of course, Boeing can only go so far with that. After 797, will there be a 7107?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boeing's proposed SST in the early 70s had the name "2707". I always thought they could go that route, with 2717, 2727, 2737, 2747, ... 2717 would be really cool if it were the Sonic Cruiser...

[ QUOTE ]
Airbus still has time for the A350, A360, A370, and A390, but what next? A400?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Airbus does have an A400M...

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, looks like a cross between a C-17 and C-130...pretty cool plane!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, considering corporate espionage, it probably *is* a cross between a C-17 and C-130!
smile.gif

I say they start fresh with a new 800-series plane like the Triple-8 (888) or the 808. eLiner is the worst name for a plane!

I'd like to see this plane be a family of jets to crush Airbus' dominence in the single-aisle market of late.

I don't understand the logic behind the big Airbus. If you're having trouble filling a 747, why add more seats? Okay, maybe the cargo folks will buy them, and that's a big market, but with all the empty seats these days, why build a plane with more capacity? So you have more empty seats that you have to fill?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the logic behind the big Airbus. If you're having trouble filling a 747, why add more seats? Okay, maybe the cargo folks will buy them, and that's a big market, but with all the empty seats these days, why build a plane with more capacity? So you have more empty seats that you have to fill?

[/ QUOTE ]

For US carriers, it doesn't. I believe the only US carrier that has ordered the A380 is fedex. Most of the pax carriers that have ordered it are Asian carriers and a few European carriers......I mean, they use 747's for some domestic routes in japan, they need as much capacity as they can get. I don't think you'll see US pax carriers ordering an A380 sized plane any time soon.

So when this 7E7 comes out, does this mean that they're gonna discontinue the 757 and 767 programs? Isn't the 767-400ER pretty hard to beat in terms of efficiency right now anyway? I don't think those models have been around that long yet.

Where's the place to put the big white flag-on-a-stick on tha A400 just in case the French want to perfect the tactic on in-flight surrender?

Boeing hasn't received an order for the 757 for almost a year and a half. Once the they finish the last few orders they will probably shut down the line. The E7 is probably going to replace that line.

Guys and gals this is a sad day indeed for I have learned that Boeing has plans to discontinue production of the 757 by 2007/2008
mad.gif
.The 757 is my fave plane.
I'm told that they plan to replace the 757 with the new 7E7. I had,had serious hopes of seeing a 757-300 in new Delta colors but with the Delta's financial problems and the fact that there not buying planes and have deferred all current orders until 2005 I have all but given up any hopes of seeinga 757-300 with Delta.
As for the new design of the new 7E7 my feelings are rather mixed it looks okay. Definately a radical departure from anything Boeing has created in the past and yes it does bear a striking resemblance to the EMB170/190. But I liked the original picture that was released back in Dec.That looked more like the 767 or 777 with the raked wing tips instead of the winglets in the new pic.
Hey Doug I work AT CVG and MD-88's are the loudest plane I have ever heard on landing ,when those thurst reversers kick in. The whole freakin ground shakes I love it actually all that raw power. The new Boeings 757,767,737's NG and 777's hardly make any noise on full reverse kinda bores me actually(lol). But MD-90's are very nice it's too bad they stopped production of them early, I think Delta only has 14 of em. Anyways in closing 757's are trey kool and it will indeed be a very sad day when they end there production.

P.S. Hey Doug you wanna fly the 757 one day?

Back