Never received new pilot certificate in the mail....

TXaviator

Question for everyone....

I was bestowed as a commercial pilot 5/29 of this year, and have YET to receive my hard copy from the good old FAA.

The FAA website however does reflect my new ratings earned.

My 120 days is about up... so i guess I need to call and figure out where the hell my shiny card is, but in the meantime, I still need to fly. Supposing I was indeed ramp checked somewhere (Murphy's Law holds), do you think a copy of this temp, and a printoff from the FAA would suffice to appease an inspector?

(and i KNOW the FAA has my current address because I got my yearly mailing from them stating if I dont want my address released blah blah)

Go to FAA.gov and get yourself a temporary authorization to excercise airman priviledges which includes your new certificate emailed to you. You can do this once every 6 months.

You can contact the FAA and ask for an extension to your temporary certificate. I had to do that a while ago when my CFI temp was about to expire. I got a pdf in email the following day extending my certificate. My CFI certificate was renewed in Oct 07, and the temp expired in Feb, but the extension took me out to May 08. My plastic certificate never arrived, so I went into the FAA's website and ordered a replacement for $2. It showed up (in Japan) in 10 days.

temporary extension: http://faa.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/faa...3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

new certificate: http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/airmen_services/

sweet! didnt know you can just print out a temp online.

did that, and will follow up with a phonecall tommorrow since it wont let me request a $2 replacement since it hasnt been the full 120 days yet. (dumb!)

Go to FAA.gov and get yourself a temporary authorization to excercise airman priviledges which includes your new certificate emailed to you. You can do this once every 6 months.

Yes you can do this. The problem is whether or not the certificate was ever processed. In other words, did it get lost by the system, or did it get processed and then lost in the mail. If it is the former case, then he will have a problem as the temporary authorization will reflect a PPL vice commercial.

TXaviator,
I would call airmen certification branch in OKC to see if it has been processed or if it is the qeue, or if there is a problem. Those ladies are very helpful and can even fax you a temp authorization. Schmooze then a bit, tell them the Sooners are gonna grind the horns into the dust in Dallas... They'll hook ya up.

Yes you can do this. The problem is whether or not the certificate was ever processed. In other words, did it get lost by the system, or did it get processed and then lost in the mail. If it is the former case, then he will have a problem as the temporary authorization will reflect a PPL vice commercial.

TXaviator,
I would call airmen certification branch in OKC to see if it has been processed or if it is the qeue, or if there is a problem. Those ladies are very helpful and can even fax you a temp authorization. Schmooze then a bit, tell them the Sooners are gonna grind the horns into the dust in Dallas... They'll hook ya up.

nah, see original post. it was processed as the FAA website does reflect my recently earned ratings.

the printout for my "new" temp also reflects my new ratings.

they just screwed up and never got my plastic one to me.

:buck: You sure you really passed? From your picture it looks like you may have been trying a little to hard! haha.

Took FOREVER for my ATP get to processed. Was a mix up with the paperwork, and it got kicked back for some reason. The website finally showed me as having an ATP with CL-65 type about a week before the 120 days was up. I didn't wanna cut it close (since I'd dequal and hence not get paid), so I just made an appointment at the FSDO, and one of the inspectors did an "emergency field extension" on my paper cert and gave me another 120 days. New shiny card showed up about 3 days before the original expiration date.

Back