NetJets Recognizes Single Carrier!

NJA_Capt

Last night, NetJets Inc. announced that it will officially recognize NetJets Aviation (NJA), NetJets International (NJI) and NetJets Large Aircraft Company (NJLA) as a single carrier. Pilots will be arranged by date of hire seniority. Final integration will begin on or before Nov 21, 2010. This notice was served from the company prior to the union having to file a single carrier petition with the NMB. Integration will be performed as stated in the LOA attached to our CBA.

As soon as an official document is publicly accessible, I will post info in the Corporate section.

That is excellent news.

Does your (or NJI) CBA have protections against farming out the international flying? I know there are a bunch of companies in Europe providing contract service flying under the NetJets brand name.

Does your (or NJI) CBA have protections against farming out the international flying? I know there are a bunch of companies in Europe providing contract service flying under the NetJets brand name.
The CBA does address international flying. I am curious about the contract flying you are referring to in Europe. Our division in Europe is owned by NJ, Inc. I am sure they probably use a small amount of vendor aircraft as we do in the States though. The only company using our name that is not owned by us is the Middle East division. They are dba NetJets ME.

I'll have to go find the article that was talking about that. I think it was in AIN somewhere. From my understanding (and it probably isn't correct) but the NJI contract allowed for the company to contract work out to on demand charter outfits if NJI couldn't cover a specific flight request due to insufficent or out of position aircraft. That was how I read it, and for all I know, they may do that in the States as well and it's no big deal.

So someone in Europe can come to the US and bump you down and vice versa? I would imagine that won't be an issue since theres probably 1 or 2 guys on each side of the pond that wish to do it, which will even itself out.

what is the advantage of this if pilots can't cross the pond? just curious.
I think you guys are confusing NJI and NJE. "I" and "E" have nothing to do with each other or the single carrier announcement. It has nothing to do with crossing the pond....everyone does that now.

NetJets history 101:

NetJets, Inc. Owns all divisions worldwide.

NJA - NetJets Aviation, Inc (CMH) is a union shop.
NJI - NetJets International, Inc. (SAV/BDL) is non-union.
NJEU - NetJets Europe (Lisbon)

All three companies fly international flights.

NJI was formed in 1995 when the parent company to NetJets (EJA) formed a partnership with Gulfstream Aerospace to start the Gulfstream Shares program. Gulfstream being strong anti-union, did not want union pilots flying "their" airplanes. Since Gulfstream was a stakeholder and "gave" EJA its first 4 GIVs, they got their wish and union pilots were denied seats in the Gulfstream.

Fast forward to the 2005 CBA, NJA pilots are allowed transfer rights to PIC and SIC slots in the GIV. NJI pilots have no transfer rights to NJA.

This announcement will add approx 50 Gulfstreams to NJA's fleet and add approx 300 NON-Union pilots to the UNION seniority list. It is very significant because it will be one of the few, if any, pilot groups to merge without arbitration/NMB or even having to file a SC petition. And probably the first large pilot group to merge seniority lists strictly by DOH, especially given that one group is union and the other is not.

Yeah, I'm confused? :confused:

I didn't look at the original date of this thread, and thought this was new news? What's changed or new?

(I hate necroposting....!! I had to go back and re-read the entire thread, not knowing it started a year and a half ago.)

NetJets, Inc announced yesterday that it will complete NJI to NJA integration by Oct 2010. All NJI Gulfstreams will be transfered to the NJA operating certificate. All operations will move to CMH. All crew members will join the NJA lists.

This is something we have waited for for a long time. The union had the option of filing for single carrier in Nov 2010. It goes beyond the scope of seniority list integration (faux merger) that we currently have.

(I hate necroposting....!! I had to go back and re-read the entire thread, not knowing it started a year and a half ago.)
It's only one page. Look at the albatross in the corporate section....the thing has a gazillion rambling post.

NetJets, Inc announced yesterday that it will complete NJI to NJA integration by Oct 2010. All NJI Gulfstreams will be transfered to the NJA operating certificate. All operations will move to CMH. All crew members will join the NJA lists.

This is something we have waited for for a long time. The union had the option of filing for single carrier in Nov 2010. It goes beyond the scope of seniority list integration (faux merger) that we currently have.

It's only one page. Look at the albatross in the corporate section....the thing has a gazillion rambling post.

Ah, thanks! (I don't peek in the corp section often!) And thanks for the update! :)

Back