NetJets: IBT out, NJASAP In

Not sure it was really that specifically. . .at least from what I heard. They just simply wanted an in house representative. Can't say I blame them.

Didn't they get the latest contract under IBT? Why the switch?

NJASAP was the group we elected to replace the MEC after the failed contract proposal 2004. NJASAP was the "slate" we voted in (IBT MEC) and was the group of guys that pushed forward our current contract. We knew at some point we would initiate our own local, but not until we had a strong body of officials and financial contributions. We have decided that we could better use our total dues income for ourselves rather than sending it to the IBT.

A large number of our IBT officials split a few months ago to officially start NJASAP as a governing body. Same people/new name.

For the record, representatives from the International and Local 747 said our failed TA was the "richest contract they had ever seen." The contract we currently have far surpassed the failed TA and is a testament to the NJASAP personnel.

So the IBT isn't God's Gift to Aviation Labor groups huh?

Some Horizon, Republic, and even NJA guys at the time would have lead us to think differently.

Nevertheless. . .bravo. . .congrats. . .and you guys deserve it from what I hear.

So the IBT isn't God's Gift to Aviation Labor groups huh?
Well.....
They still beat the alternative (alpa). At least the IBT doesn't eat its' young. Thank goodness we had IBT instead of alpa....or half our lines would be flown by MidGo!publicSA, LLC. :D

Back