Neon OSHA Vests???

ready2fly

Got yours? I got mine!!

If you don't know what I'm referring to, American and American Eagle pilots must begin wearing the neon yellow OSHA vests any time we are on the ramp.

I'm assuming all other airlines are required to do the same??? No?? Yes??

Anyone......Anyone...............Bueller?

:D

Got yours? I got mine!!

If you don't know what I'm referring to, American and American Eagle pilots must begin wearing the neon yellow OSHA vests any time we are on the ramp.

I'm assuming all other airlines are required to do the same??? No?? Yes??

Anyone......Anyone...............Bueller?

:D

like this :D :

508761-xs.jpg

We only do it in Canada, but I'm a fan of the vest and think we should wear it on all ramps.

... and aren't they SNAPPY.

>shrugs< I'm not really sure what's up with this, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were an ulterior motive.

There's money in it for the company, somewhere.

We got them too.

Ours came about from an IOSA audit to comply with the ICAO standards.

They are ugly.

Required anytime on the UPS ramp. Yellow vest is Pilot or UPS employee. Orange vest is crackhead ramper/loader or wannabe marsheller.

Astar and ABX pilots up in ILN where this cool reflective belt type deal. I like because it's low key. I don't where a vest though. I'm guessing its not requited because no one has said anything yet.

Like I needed something else to carry in my kit bag. On the other hand I am trying to come up with some spanish nickname to write on the back. Any ideas??

Sounds like the reflective belt craze that has swept through the military -- USAF specifically -- over the last 5-10 years.

Reflective belts are mandatory for every Airman's safety. It makes the Airman visible when walking or running, allowing drivers to see the pedestrian in reduced visibility. Remember, safety is always in fashion. Got Belt?

AFG-070611-001.jpg

In England anyone who is a civil authority or emergency responder wears the yellow/green reflective jackets.

P3120003b.jpg

Well, I guess I'll stop getting the occasional walkaround for my FO now :D , I can't be seen in such an unfashionable garmet.

Like I needed something else to carry in my kit bag. On the other hand I am trying to come up with some spanish nickname to write on the back. Any ideas??

Try "El Chapo". I think it's Mexican slang for something like "shorty".

I can't believe you all have to carry one with you. I mean, it's probably a good idea and all (I almost get run over every day in ORD) but I feel enough like a doofus in uniform already.

Yeah...its a Canada thing for us also.
It seems that in Toronto they are more particular about it than any other place.

I wonder if the company will do something like this too-buying jackets....everything is being nickeled and dimed around here.

The captain that I was flying with these past two weeks ran itno our flight manager (or Chief Pilots boss......whatever he's called :D ) - and asked him what was up with the vests and added something like:

Cpt: "How many pilots have we had run over on the ramp in the past 25 years?"

Bossman: "Maybe two."

Yeah.....great idea. :rolleyes:

What I'm thinkin' is that somone in AMR has a family member who owns or works for the company that makes the damned things and, with this economy, needed to do something to keep them busy.

Ah well. I'll pimp that sumbitch like it's never been pimped before! :cool:

Maybe I'll put "ready2fly" on the back. :D

Maybe I'll put "ready2fly" on the back. :D

You should! I still have my XJT ramp vest that says "Kellwolf" on the back. Apparently, there were a lot of XJT pilots lurking when I was working there. Got stopped several times. And then were the clueless people. "That's cool. Is it like 'Airwolf?'"

Back